DEFT-High Output Got Lux?

Parker VH

Enlightened
Yea these lights have to be seen to be believed. Those of you that didn't get one will be kickin' yourself now that production is done.

D

Deleted member 97529

Good job on the DEFT! It's sad that you have to stop making them...

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is being posted in the HO thread since the final lights are closest to the HO and many people have this thread subscribed to.

This notification is for the final run of DEFTs and is a hybrid of sorts. I have been really busy and unable to get back with many of you lately on a personal level so if this email does not answer your questions fully feel free to email with your questions. I thank you all for your patience and support for what has been over two years of me making the DEFT. It has been a joy and a ton of hard work. For now at least it is time to move on.

These use the HO drivers and glass optics as well as the shock absorbing bezel created originally for the FTP. They also have the same heatsink method as the HO with the LED directly soldered to solid copper for excellent thermal transfer. The only thing they lack from being HOs are the AR coated pre-collimator and the leather lanyard.

This is to notify you that 8 DEFTs, the longest throwing LED flashlight in the world, are available for sale.

The price is $350 plus shipping costs.

This is a first come first served sale.

How to order

Send me an email to "omglumens at gmail dot com" with "DEFT order" in the subject line.

Please provide me with your zip code if you live in the US or, if outside the US, your country so I can calculate shipping. Everything I ship goes via USPS Priority w/ insurance. As always I put the full value of the light on the customs forms and will not under any circumstances do otherwise. That means if you live in a country other than the US you will most likely be obliged to pay a customs or duty fee. Residents of Texas will also be responsible for any state taxes.

So the two things the email should contain are "I want one" and where you live.

After I have had time to figure out who gets what I will send you an email to let you know what your total is and payment instructions. After I send the return email with the total you have 24 hours to remit payment.

Note that I will not accept any order through PM as my CPF inbox cannot handle it. It must be through email.

Thanks everyone! -Michael

bjs55

Newly Enlightened
is there any way i could put in the precollimater lens in myself? thank you

Hellbore

Enlightened
is there any way i could put in the precollimater lens in myself? thank you

Actually don't worry about that, this DEFT will in fact have a precollimator lens, that lens just doesn't have anti-reflective coating. It's a nice lens though, glass not plastic.

I asked Michael about it and he said so :) I'm glad to see I wasn't the only person who had this question.

And by the way :paypal: I ordered mine... :D Hope you get one before they are gone!

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually don't worry about that, this DEFT will in fact have a precollimator lens, that lens just doesn't have anti-reflective coating. It's a nice lens though, glass not plastic.

I asked Michael about it and he said so :) I'm glad to see I wasn't the only person who had this question.

And by the way :paypal: I ordered mine... :D Hope you get one before they are gone!
Thanks for answering that one for me. :thumbsup: Sorry if it was unclear.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that's all folks! They have all been claimed now so unless you got an email from me saying you made it you did not. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all once again for all your support with the DEFT. Although this is the end of the legendary DEFT line I am far from out of ideas.

Last edited:

Hellbore

Enlightened
Now the question is, what do I do to distract myself while waiting for this light? :popcorn:

My nephew just got a new Nikon D3000 and he's a flashlight nut too, I'm going to ask him to take some really cool beamshot pictures for me out in the desert :) Maybe we'll test the DEFT's throw on a nice scenic red rock mountain...

Last edited:

h22

Newly Enlightened
Well that's all folks! They have all been claimed now so unless you got an email from me saying you made it you did not. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all once again for all your support with the DEFT. Although this is the end of the legendary DEFT line I am far from out of ideas.

Woo-Hoo:nana::nana::nana::nana:

Evidently i made it.
Thanks!:paypal:

Cant wait to see it, and use it this huntig season.
Thanks

Hellbore

Enlightened
Just out of curiosity (don't be mad!) is there an ETA?

Just curious... Not in any hurry at all. Just wondering. I have never ordered a custom light quite like this so I'm curious what to expect. If you say it is going to be 6 months before they ship, that's fine. Just curious :)

Mostly just wondering when I can show it off to my friends...

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just out of curiosity (don't be mad!) is there an ETA?

Just curious... Not in any hurry at all. Just wondering. I have never ordered a custom light quite like this so I'm curious what to expect. If you say it is going to be 6 months before they ship, that's fine. Just curious :)

Mostly just wondering when I can show it off to my friends...
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of town on a speaking engagement and although I had the internet on my phone I did not have my password to be able to post on here. The lights start shipping Tuesday and for some locations will probably be there by Friday. Thanks!

Hellbore

Enlightened
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of town on a speaking engagement and although I had the internet on my phone I did not have my password to be able to post on here. The lights start shipping Tuesday and for some locations will probably be there by Friday. Thanks!

Wow, so soon! Awesome :D

My nephew has a really nice camera he just bought, and I bribed him with a Jetbeam C-LE to take some cool beamshot pics for me, so I think he will do a good job :naughty:

He is a flashaholic too but doesn't have a pocket carry light currently, so we had to fix that!

h22

Newly Enlightened
:ironic::ironic::ironic::ironic::ironic::ironic::ironic::ironic: and here I am eagerly awaiting the mailman:popcorn::popcorn:

Honestly, cant remember last time i felt so disappointed not seeing a box at my doorstep when i got home.

:laughing: hope it gets here soon! Can't wait to try it out and see what all the hubub is about.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
:ironic::ironic::ironic::ironic::ironic::ironic::ironic::ironic: and here I am eagerly awaiting the mailman:popcorn::popcorn:

Honestly, cant remember last time i felt so disappointed not seeing a box at my doorstep when i got home.

:laughing: hope it gets here soon! Can't wait to try it out and see what all the hubub is about.
Have you tried the USPS tracking? It is much better than it used to be. You may be able to tell where it is and get an idea if it is coming tomorrow or not.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just tried that link Th232 left with the number I gave you and nothing came up so I went and pulled the file for you and found I sent you the wrong number. I was off on one number.:ohgeez: The last three numbers should be 093.

ejot

Enlightened
I bet they start showing up soon! :D

IMG_2193s.jpg