• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***** DHS Heatsink 2nd Run (Ready to Ship)*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
Hi,
I have received them today.
But none of them fit in my Maglites.
All of my D-Cell Maglites ( red, blue, black) have an inner diameter of exactly 34mm but the heatsink I got have 34.25mm.

But the biggest problem I have is with the C-cell Maglite. The C-Cell Heatsink measures 26.17mm and the inner diameter of my C-Cell Maglite is 28mm. Therefore the Heatsink is nearly 2mm too small???

Ok I have found two ways now to get the D size heatsink into the Maglite.

1. I removed a little bit of the HA layer with NAOH but not all. After that the heatsink fits pretty tight.

2. I put the heatsink into the fridge at about -10°C and warmed the Maglite up to ~ 50°C. The heatsink fits at first pretty well but when the temperatures of both are nearly the same you won't get the heatsink out!!

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
Hi

What about HAIII heat sink for 2Dmaglite?

If so i might just get them since its only afew buck different as i cant wait any longer :shrug:

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
I have received them today.
But none of them fit in my Maglites.
All of my D-Cell Maglites ( red, blue, black) have an inner diameter of exactly 34mm but the heatsink I got have 34.25mm.

But the biggest problem I have is with the C-cell Maglite. The C-Cell Heatsink measures 26.17mm and the inner diameter of my C-Cell Maglite is 28mm. Therefore the Heatsink is nearly 2mm too small???

Hi,

Some D size require sanding Mag body to fit properly. For C size is it possible you have older C Mag. I know that older D size Mag are larger and wouldn't work with DHS. I have C size Mag and inside diameter measure 26.17mm. Please check the serial number on the body, does it start with "C". Older Mag which will not work with current heatsink.

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

What about HAIII heat sink for 2Dmaglite?

If so i might just get them since its only afew buck different as i cant wait any longer :shrug:

Yes, I have plenty of D size HAIII.

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
Hi,

Some D size require sanding Mag body to fit properly. For C size is it possible you have older C Mag. I know that older D size Mag are larger and wouldn't work with DHS. I have C size Mag and inside diameter measure 26.17mm. Please check the serial number on the body, does it start with "C". Older Mag which will not work with current heatsink.

Yes it is indeed a very old Maglite.

As I posted above you don't need sanding and destroy the HAIII.
Just put it into the fridge and warm up the Maglite then it will fit but it is pretty difficult to get it out again. I had to hammer it out with a piece of wood.

BTW Your shippment was very fast :twothumbs

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have C size Mag and inside diameter measure 26.17mm. Please check the serial number on the body, does it start with "C". Older Mag which will not work with current heatsink.

Can you make any alternative product suggestions for those with old/out-of-spec dimension host bodies, OR are we (collectively) S.O.L.? :shakehead

BTW good to hear you'll have sufficient Anodized P7 sinks on hand to satisfy demand, just gotta' hang in there a few more days yet :thumbsup:

Fulgeo

Enlightened
Hey guyz. I am coming over from incandescent mods and am just starting to tinker with LEDs. I have ordered 3 Cree Q5 and one SSC P7. Pardon my newbie freshness but I think the SSC P7 has a positive base. Is it possible to use Arctic Alumina epoxy to glue the SSC P7 directly to the HAIII heat sink. The SSC P7 I purchase is a bear LED and did not come mounted on a thermal conductive electrical insulated "star"? Since the body of the Mag mod will be negative does the HAIII coating reliably electrically issolate the heatsink from the Mag body? If no, is the Arctic Alumina epoxy non electrically conductive enought to issolate the LED? Thanks in advance!:candle:

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the body of the Mag mod will be negative does the HAIII coating reliably electrically isolate the heat sink from the Mag body? If no, is the Arctic Alumina epoxy non electrically conductive enough to isolate the LED? Thanks in advance!:candle:

• Yes the HAIII coating is electrically insulating
  • Arctic Alumina is also electrically non conductive (unlike Arctic Silver epoxy which can have a capacitive effect)

Fulgeo

Enlightened
  • Yes the HAIII coating is electrically insulating
  • Arctic Alumina is also electrically non conductive (unlike Arctic Silver epoxy which can have a capacitive effect)

Sounds like a win win. I will purchase the HAIII P7 heatsink from H22A when they become available. I will use Arctic Alumina epoxy also, thanks for the quick reply.

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
- cjaekl
- ambientmind
- CT90
- KRS1

Shipped on Saturday.

Thanks,
Setapong

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a win win. I will purchase the HAIII P7 heatsink from H22A when they become available. I will use Arctic Alumina epoxy also, thanks for the quick reply.

You're welcome... I'm keeping a close eye on this thread in anticipation of H22A's P7 sink myself ROTFLMAO :crackup:

H22A said:
I use D size HAIII with both ridges removed. It works great.

Ah you're such a tease... how about a little pic of the P7 prototype just to hold us over till next week? :grin2:

Last edited:

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah you're such a tease... how about a little pic of the P7 prototype just to hold us over till next week? :grin2:[/QUOTE]

Sorry mate I don't have pictures :D It look just like DHS with no hole on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.