Discontinued flashlight that you love

Enderman

Enlightened
TK45, probably the coolest looking flashlight I've ever seen.
Maybe one day I will buy one (since they are still available from certain retailers) and mod it to make it up to date.

harro

Enlightened
My 5D Mag with 140 lumen conversion and a proper glass lens.
My RRT3 1 x SST50. Really like the build quality and olive anodising, but the blue tint with traces of white....ugh.
My TK20 2 x AA. As someone else posted, tough as hessian undies, and a beautiful tint. 130 lumens isn't the greatest, but who cares.

The top one really is a 5D, it just hangs out of the photo too much. You can see the first two digits on the S/N...
4EPbfWn.jpg

Glass lens and conversion in the 5D Mag
ShKbSUT.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I just Malkoff'd a Maxfire last week. Actually works pretty good with no modification.

That's interesting. Wouldn't expect such a swap without modifications.

I think the Pentagon X3 was pretty good at the time. Really really good throw for a 135 lumen light bulb. And the Pentagon eX2 was a nice cop light.
Not as stellar as the 6P and 9P were, but not bad attempts.

PL's hand-helds were good but below SureFire. Their weapon-lights were a completely different story. A strong competitor against SF's offerings back then... Which is why SF used the legal system to put PL out of business, despite never actually having proven its claims of patent infringement nor claims of PL mot making its lights in America.

Quite frankly, the judge was an idiot in the case for not seeing that SureFire's attorneys were blatantly using him. Claiming patent infringement. Wanting a competitor to stop making lights that allegedly use your patent. Having proved nothing regarding the allegation. Asking a judge to grant an injunction so your competitor can't make those lights while the trial is going on. And the judge says, "Oh okay."

What a joke. So, SureFire got what they wanted.... without ever actually having proved a single allegation. Not being able to make more product. Not being able to sell existing stock. Obviously the company went out of business and couldn't afford to fight SureFire in court. PL was not found guilty of anything. SureFire killed one of its biggest competitors in the weapon-lights market by using the legal system as its Working Girl. (Actually another word for that type of profession also starting with "W" would be more appropriate. But this is a family friendly forum.)

I love my two dozen SureFires. And currently EDC an E2D LED Defender Ultra as my main light. But yeah.... Not even remotely as much respect for the ones running the company compared to the company's products. And that's putting it mildly.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore D10! Amazing ui and functionality.
Jetbeam RRT-01: The worst part is that I own one and I broke it :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Need a Light?

Newly Enlightened
My 5C mag with tenergy centura c cells and a mag 4 cell bulb, with an aluminum hop reflector and AR glass is also one of my more loved maglites. Manufactured in 1999, and used in some official capacity, as 16 is scratched in on the cap, body, and head.

It's my only "rare" maglite. And I love it. Love the C mag width, allows a very secure grip.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Jetbeam rrt-01 Not sure of the number. The 1 x CR123A model with infinite magnetic adjustment. Jetbeam TCR2. Sunwayman1 x CR123A model with the infinite magnetic adjustment wheel, especially the neutral version and the camo model and the titanium version . I loved all the 1 x CR123A flashlights with infinite magnetic adjustment wheels ui.

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam rrt-01 Not sure of the number. The 1 x CR123A model with infinite magnetic adjustment. Jetbeam TCR2. Sunwayman1 x CR123A model with the infinite magnetic adjustment wheel, especially the neutral version and the camo model and the titanium version . I loved all the 1 x CR123A flashlights with infinite magnetic adjustment wheels ui.

the Sunwayman V11R is still available. I just ordered one for only $40!

remington79

Newly Enlightened
I like my original Surefire Z2. I just ordered a Malkoff assembly for it after putting it off for years. I also like my tan G2Z that I'm running a P60L in. I see they have new redesigned lights but I like the look and feel of the older versions. the new ones look for lack of a better term sporty or dressed up. I like the older no frills all business look.

joelbnyc

Enlightened
Wow, 2004 thread going strong.

I miss my Veleno Quantums, wish he'd do an update. I like tiny lights, and the design and build quality on these were just flawless.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
can't say I love them because most of them I don't have LOL... but wish them to be around: 3P, 9P, A2, LX2, Z2, G2, G3.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
can't say I love them because most of them I don't have LOL... but wish them to be around: 3P, 9P, A2, LX2, Z2, G2, G3.

Hey X, a pretty good Pentagon that doesn't get much attention was the eX2. It was a throwy version of the 6P.
Easily upgrades with a P60 sized module and is readily available at Amazon for like $36.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
I miss the original Fenix lights. Well, I miss not being able to buy new ones--I still have two that are still going strong today.