Do you ever START liking a food item that you DIDNT like before?

AO 17

Newly Enlightened
Cherry pie
I am in my early 40's and until about 5 years ago I hated cherry pie. Now I love it to death.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Licorice. I used to hate the taste & smell of it in all forms. Since trying some specialty licorice from finland i think last year, I started liking it all somehow. Now even the biggest flavor component of my favorite tea is licorice root. Unfortunately I've also since found out it can kill you, in large amounts. But seriously heart failure kill you.

I think that fancy candy just opened the door for me on this one. More generally, apparently you lose taste buds as you age, and slowly lose sensitivity to the components of flavors you don't like, and only taste the components you like more.

Sharpie

Newly Enlightened
Hoppy as hell IPAs. I used to hate beers other than Corona and the usual mass produced suspects.

foodwise, asparagus and sushi. Hated them as a kid now I love them.

Adam_Clap

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, happens for me once with Olives! Like to eat them in a natural way or in soups, really tasty! :D

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started liking all kinds of vegetables uncooked, green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, peas, broccoli, celery, spinach cabbage love them all...of course things like potatoes have to be cooked. Cauliflower is another matter...it is like broccoli's tasteless, colorless cousin...I will tolerate it given enough toppings.

After all these years I still can't like Brussels sprouts, I have tried it various ways. It is the most vile, putrid taste I have ever encountered and immediately triggers the gag reflex. It's is like vomit and ear wax mixed with the texture of what I imagine layered human skin would be like. Absolutely disgusting. If people ask me if I am allergic to any foods...I say Brussels sprouts.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Beans! Kids never like beans...why?

Balderdash..

4DLyYyx.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
LOL Beanee Weenee! Never had the pleasure. I'll put that on my grocery list since my 4-year-old's menu is tough, and I'm curious as well.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Nope! I have always love my vegetables and such. Always tried new and unusual food from the country I was in at the time. As I grow older, I no longer like "Spicy" or "Greasy" foods. I actually find that I eat less foods than I did before.

Latest posts