• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Drillbitz and Finnegan transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnegan

Newly Enlightened
Regarding my wayward light and the lack of communication from the seller (drillbitz11)... apparently the light is now in the mail. I will update the forum when I receive the light. This is a lesson in a seller having to understand the value of communicating with the buyer. Three brief words in an email could have saved a lot of grief. I will post when I receive the light. There was and is no excuse for not contacting me to reassure me the transaction was still in process. When I myself tell a buyer I am going to ship on Monday I ship on Monday. If it ever happened I could not I would immediately let the buyer know. When I get home from the post office I email the buyer with a tracking number, thank them again for having faith in me, and keep my eye on the package until it is in their hands. No, I aint saying I'm perfect, but THAT's the way to do it. Then these fiasco's are avoided.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
So is this a cheer? If so, I'm glad for you and the title perhaps needs to be changed. If it's a Jeer, I believe it's light-years away from meeting the criteria of a valid Jeer thread...

Finnegan

Newly Enlightened
Well, I simply felt compelled to update the members about the situation. If this is not the proper place, please let me know where it goes. No, it is certainly not a cheer. But he has apparently sent the light so I suppose it's not a jeer. I didn't realize I'd be getting into semantics merely with my effort to update the many many members who emailed and pm'd their support to me.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I am glad this can be laid to rest and that your light is on its way.

This situation also proves to be a good lesson in patience. Everyone here has lives outside of CPF; lives the rest of the membership are unaware of. Certainly a seller should do his due diligence to deliver on his agreement, but things do come up. A coworker of my dad lost his 15 yr old daughter in a car accident this very morning... were I in his shoes, shipping a light would be the absolute last thing on my mind. Even sending an email might not have been possible. It's simply an example of how we sometimes don't know the whole story, and a little understanding can go a long way.

I don't know what the reason was in this case, but it's just something good to keep in mind. Jeers are taken very seriously here, as they can do harm to a member's reputation.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
While I am glad that your light is in the mail, and hope that you have closure in this matter, the Cheers and Jeers subforum's policies and purpose is spelled out here.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/announcement.php?f=143&a=24

In the interest of housekeeping, the sales thread would have been a better place for your above post. On behalf of the members who showed support, thank you for the update. I'm closing this thread now.

nbp

Flashaholic
Finnegan, your PM box is full. Trying to reply to your message. Thanks.

EDIT: Email sent. Best regards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.