• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

DriverVN & DriverVNX - Programmable Circuits

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Re: DriverVN - A User Programmable Circuit!

I received my drop-in with DriverVN today and so far I really like it. It took a few tries to get into programming mode and click fast enough 8 times and hold for teh flash, but now that I have done it once, I have been able to change mode groups easily. I don't see how it would be possible to accidentally enter programming mode. The flashing in programming mode that indicate battery charge state is a bonus as well.

I would recommend the DriverVN.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received my drop-in with DriverVN today and so far I really like it. It took a few tries to get into programming mode and click fast enough 8 times and hold for teh flash, but now that I have done it once, I have been able to change mode groups easily. I don't see how it would be possible to accidentally enter programming mode. The flashing in programming mode that indicate battery charge state is a bonus as well.

I would recommend the DriverVN.
Excellent! I just ordered a Prometheus Alpha Ready-Made which I had sent straight to Vinh for a DriverVN swap as I HATE mode memory and wanted programming options. Can't wait to get it!

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Excellent! I just ordered a Prometheus Alpha Ready-Made which I had sent straight to Vinh for a DriverVN swap as I HATE mode memory and wanted programming options. Can't wait to get it!

That sounds like a nice combination of beauty with brains and brawn. The MC-E will be driven harder with the DriverVn. Should be nice!

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

That sounds like a nice combination of beauty with brains and brawn. The MC-E will be driven harder with the DriverVn. Should be nice!
Ya I didn't go direct drive though as I wanted to be able to use high for extended periods of time. Vinh estimated 4.5A on direct drive and it'd get hot pretty fast at that level I think. I opted for the least he could do (3.0A) which is still higher than stock (2.8A). I suspect I'll be able to run it on high without a problem for 15M plus, maybe even indefinitely.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Just modded one of these. Xml2 4000k gives a similar tint but noticably more lumen throw and a water beam.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just modded one of these. Xml2 4000k gives a similar tint but noticably more lumen throw and a water beam.
A wider beam too?! How's the heat? I've read the XM-L is more efficient than the MC-E but creates more heat as a result of that.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

A wider beam too?! How's the heat? I've read the XM-L is more efficient than the MC-E but creates more heat as a result of that.

I didn't watch for heat... I do know that the copper pad I used with the XML2 was far superior to the aluminum one that the MCE is on.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

I didn't watch for heat... I do know that the copper pad I used with the XML2 was far superior to the aluminum one that the MCE is on.

Heat shouldn't be an issue. I'm running an MT-G2 on Noctigon at 4A in the same host with some additional copper. :D

Kudos to Vinh - the DriverVn is really versatile. :thumbsup:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Heat shouldn't be an issue. I'm running an MT-G2 on Noctigon at 4A in the same host with some additional copper. :D

Kudos to Vinh - the DriverVn is really versatile. [emoji106]
Using 2x18350? Sounds interesting...

Shaocaholica

Enlightened

Just watched the video and now I get it. Seems like a good driver. Has anyone tried it with a twisty? Forward clicky?

ryukin2000

Enlightened

Have the DriverVN in my L2T with set up program #9 which is 5 modes. i tried changing programs for the first time. i gotta say that it's a pain with the forward clicky. i swapped the tail cap with a reverse clicky from my L2P and it was a breeze after that because once the light is on i just have to do 8 half presses fast. however, i don't plan on changing programs if at all but i just wanted to throw that out there.

gunga

Flashaholic

I have a similar circuit in a few other lights. As you state, the circuit is designed around a reverse clicky. You would have to imagine how to do it in reverse and you will figure it out with a forward clicky. Good suggestion on a possible workaround. One can always just install a reverse clicky for initial setup.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

or quickly on-off short the tail with a paperclip like you're sending morse code. Just a thought I had... "dit dit dit dit dit dit dit dit"

Lol, you could get a remote pressure switch like for a gun setup and literally tap in your program codes.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

For a forward clicky, why not just depress the switch and then do 8 quick half releases? Think that should work fine.

oneinthaair

Enlightened

Forward clicky works fine on my solar force. Just have to hold it after the eighth press. I'll see if the ZeroRez shorty works when my moddoolar TL50 tube comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

ryukin2000

Enlightened

Good points guys. Guess I just gave up to quick with the forward clicky.

gofastman

Enlightened

What's this about the DriverVN-X? Is it a new option for all or just the StriveVN?