DURACELL DURABEAM ULTRA HIGH INTENSITY 500 LUMEN ZOOM FOCUS LED FLASHLIGHT

timmr50

Newly Enlightened
Bought new flashlight from COSTCO and seems like a lot of light for the dollar!

"
By Duracell, a trusted name in batteries and flashlights! A Duracell Dura Beam Ultra High Intensity, 500 Lumen, Tacticle Flashlight. With three power settings, Low, High and Strobe. With Zoom focus, slide head to focus beam. VERY BRIGHT!."

• 500 LUMEN OF WHITE LIGHT
  • 3 Power Settings: Low, High and Strobe
  • Push-button switch
  • Zoom Focus: Slide head to focus beam
  • Zoom from high intensity spot beam to wide flood beam
  • 240m / 787ft beam distant
  • Shock/drop resistant up to 1 meter
  • 7 Hours battery life on "High"
  • 35 Hours battery life on "Low"
  • Measures 8 3/8" long (9 1/19" long with head extended)
  • Approximately 1 5/8" in diameter at widest
  • Approximately 1 1/4" in diameter on handle
  • Weighs 14.1 ounces (with batteries installed)

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooh I might have to snag one of these. Would you say the lumens is actually accurate? Any idea what kind of led is in it?

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one of those lights that will get ignored by most here, but for $12.50 a light it is tops on my list of value for the dollar right now. It has a nice finish, a good high (I think the 500 lumen rating on this light is accurate), a nice low, can run on nice high capacity NIMH C cells (I have Powerex 5000 mAh cells in one of mine), has a good focusing mechanism, and a smooth operating switch. Plus if you buy them and hate them, just give them back to Costco!!

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sold, I'll have to hit up one of my friends with a costco membership.

Where do you get Powerex NIMH C's?

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sold, I'll have to hit up one of my friends with a costco membership.

Where do you get Powerex NIMH C's?

I got mine at Batteries Plus locally (NC), but you can also get them online.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have them on amazon but they seem a tad bit pricy, twenty bucks for two?

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have them on amazon but they seem a tad bit pricy, twenty bucks for two?

I paid more at Batteries Plus! I just wanted them now and did not want to wait. A decent compromise are the ones Radio Shack sells two for $15.00. They are 3500 mAh, but are better than the Eveready's that most places sell, which are no higher in capacity than some AA cells. I also made a AA adapter using PVC pipe. The runtime will not be as great, but if you have a lot of AA's around it comes in handy!

blindingly

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed Costco is going to have these on sale November 29 - December 1 for $19.99.

zippy2001

Newly Enlightened
I purchased these flashlights at Costco the other day and am quite pleased with their performance. They seem to be well built and worth the money.
I keep these around the house for emergencies.

Byron

Newly Enlightened
I tried mine out last night and found it a bit odd that the beam is square when adjusted for maximum throw, but it's certainly very bright for a $13 light. I think the flood setting will be plenty bright for my primary purpose of deer blood tracking, too.

Canuke

Enlightened
Looked at these. They are definitely a rerun of the Feit-branded zoomers of about a year ago, with some cosmetic updates/rebranding and a solid aspherical lens instead of the two-step Fresnel of the Feit.

The giveaway was the one thing that didn't change: the yellow plastic collar around the emitter that looks like some sort of remote phosphor, but isn't.