E1B 110 lumen vs RRT-0

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where have you guys ordered your 110 lumen E1B's from ?

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got one, thanks guys!

Looking forward to checking out the new output :twothumbs

rourtex23

Newly Enlightened
where did u guys get the new model from i wana pick one up before i leave on vacation in a few weeks who has the new output e1bs in stock :poke:

radiolove

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm trying to make a decision on upgrading to the new 110 lumen version you bought. I currently have the 80 lumen e1b. Trying to find someone that has directly compared the 110lumen to the 80 lumen version. Can you tell me how the tint is on this light? Do you still see a slight greenish tint when on lo mode. I experience that on my E1b, but on high it seems pretty pure white from what I can tell. How is the tint/color on your new 110 lumen version? Do you have any idea if they upgraded to a new LED or just improved the emitter performance? I am so tempted to buy this right now but it's a tough decision if there will be enough of a difference to make it worth it. Any help would be appreciated.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I'm trying to make a decision on upgrading to the new 110 lumen version you bought. I currently have the 80 lumen e1b. Trying to find someone that has directly compared the 110lumen to the 80 lumen version. Can you tell me how the tint is on this light? Do you still see a slight greenish tint when on lo mode. I experience that on my E1b, but on high it seems pretty pure white from what I can tell. How is the tint/color on your new 110 lumen version? Do you have any idea if they upgraded to a new LED or just improved the emitter performance? I am so tempted to buy this right now but it's a tough decision if there will be enough of a difference to make it worth it. Any help would be appreciated.

It would be a waste of money to "upgrade". 30 lumens is practically unnoticeable to the human eye. I could probably sneak the new 110 bezel on your E1B and you never know it to be honest.

radiolove

Newly Enlightened
It would be a waste of money to "upgrade". 30 lumens is practically unnoticeable to the human eye. I could probably sneak the new 110 bezel on your E1B and you never know it to be honest.

Yes but how is the tint on the new version? Do you see any greenish tint on low mode or did they fix that? also how's the tint on hi? Still a good pure white?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as hotspots go, i would be interested to see how they stack up further away, or to a Lux meter.

I have a RRT-O and honestly, the beauty of the light is in the Selector ring. The beam and brightness is quite normal as far as lights thats size are these days.

Crenshaw

kniveton

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to resurrect a slightly old thread. I picked up an E1B and E2D defender from opticshq last month. My only other surefires before this were an outdoorsman and a G2L.

The E1B is very very bright. The difference in brightness between the E1B and E2D is not highly noticible. For a small, 1 battery light, I'm very impressed with the E1B. If they were a little cheaper I'd buy more of them for family/friend gifts.

Also kudos to opticshq.. very good customer service; I dropped by there to pick up these lights on a whim on friday afternoon and they hung around to help me make my purchase and answer a multitude of questions. I'm very happy with both the lights and the shop purchase.

yowzer

Enlightened
I have an 80-lumen E1B and a XP-G R5 powered RRT-0. Lowest modes are about the same brightness on both, and the RRT is much, much brighter on max. It's a fairly floody beam, though, and the narrower one the E1B's optics produces is better for lighting up specific objects at a distance. At midrange, the RRT is better, and short range or indoors (Where there's a lot more reflection of light), both are about equal in how well they'll light up an area.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Just outta curiosity, what did you pay for it at opticshq? I assume its the new 110 lumen version, right?

Just wondering as I picked one up for $111.20 from spyder tactical recently...

I chose the Silver one... Did you get the silver or black?

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
I am a little confused.
From what I am reading, the E1B at 110 lumens is brighter than the RRT-0 at 255 lumens at the emitter in real world use?
If that is the case, and the Surefire appears to have a brighter light, I will delay my RRT-0 purchase and look into the E1B further, and spend a few more bucks if necessary, although I am waiting for my Steve Ku drop in at 255 lumens OTF for my E2D.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has their been any reviews or measurements to confirm the 110 is brighter than the 80 lumen? I would order one if I new for sure it has "really" been updated. Yes I know 30 lumens is not that big a deal but the E1B is one of my favorite light's and hey I want the brightest one possible.

Latest posts