Eagletac TX25C2 (XM-L2 1x18650 2xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOTS+

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a little confused about where Selfbuilt got the light to review. As far as I knew, it's not out yet (I've checked with several vendors). Was his sample supplied specially by Eagletac for review or did he purchase it retail. If retail, I'd like to know where. I want one!!
If you look at the bottom of the original post he said it was provided by Eagletac.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I'm a little confused about where Selfbuilt got the light to review. As far as I knew, it's not out yet (I've checked with several vendors). Was his sample supplied specially by Eagletac for review or did he purchase it retail. If retail, I'd like to know where. I want one!!
If you look at the bottom of the original post he said it was provided by Eagletac.
That's right. I do this in all my reviews, to comply with the CPF rule #6 on advertising.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
Ordered one on the weekend from SBflashlights no prob. We also get a 15% discount if you use the code shown on their CPFMP ad.

That's strange, because when I checked the SBFlashlights website, they only had the 852 OTF lumen xml-u2 version available at 15% off for clearance. This was confirmed when I called them. They aren't even accepting pre-orders for the new model and don't expect it in for at least another 10 days or so. Figuring that 100 lumens at this level of output isn't going to make a really huge difference, I decide to get the 'old' model instead for less money. Maybe this is what you ordered? Perhaps you should confirm in case you had your heart set on the xm-l2 version.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is clearly XM-L2 T6 neutral white and mine is XM-L2 U2 cool white.

warmurf

Enlightened
This is what I've ordered-

1 - EagleTacTX25C2 XM-L U2 @ $94.90
LED Color Tint: Cool White

So it appears to be the old version? Oh well.:shakehead

Sorry for the confusion!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for the confusion!

Yes I almost did the same thing because I didn't even know their was a XM-L U2 version, I thought the light was being introduced with the XM-L2 but I caught my error just in time, in the flashlight biz you can't look away for a week without missing something.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
As soon as you loosen past fully tight, you drop down to the second level. You drop down again to the third (and final) level after a ~120 degree turn.
120 degree turn is from fully tight to third level?

You wrote that you got your sample directly from Eagletac. Do you have contact with them, are they open for suggestions? I ask because current mode spacing is a big :shakehead for many potential customers (like me). Why did they ditched one mode, it's smaller than G25C2, it should be mode EDC-ish. I'm looking for something small but with decent throw and TX25C2 would be perfect but it's useless as a EDC light because it lacks med-lo mode (below 100lm) and there's huge gap between 7 and 459lm. 7-86-208-910lm and I'm sold! (G25C2 MkII has 86lm mode with the same driver as TX25C2)

One more thing:
  • ANSI FL-1 Lumens for XM-L2 U2 Regular mode: 965-746/459/7 lumens (T6 NW should have ~7% less output)
  • ANSI FL-1 Lumens for XM-L2 U2 Tactical mode: 965-746/208/Strobe (T6 NW should have ~7% less output)
(...)
Output levels are very consistent across all supported battery types. Let's see how outputs compare at all levels:

TX25C2-Lumens.gif
May I know where you got Eagletac ANSI FL-1 numbers from?

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
120 degree turn is from fully tight to third level? You wrote that you got your sample directly from Eagletac. Do you have contact with them, are they open for suggestions? I ask because current mode spacing is a big :shakehead for many potential customers (like me). Why did they ditched one mode, it's smaller than G25C2, it should be mode EDC-ish.
I don't know why the reduction in modes, although I do notice the design of head is bit different. I agree the lack of a proper <100 lumen lo mode is a limitation here.

May I know where you got Eagletac ANSI FL-1 numbers from?
As I mentioned in the figure legend, those values are adjusted down from the reported ANSI FL-1 specs for the XM-L2 U2 (that GordoJones88 linked to). Basically, they are the U2 values divided by 1.07, to adjust for the ~7% average reduction in the T6 bin.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for the confusion!

Well it may not help you now but the XM-L2 version is out, I'm about to order one from GG.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for the confusion!

I have the newer XM-L2 U2 cool white version, but I am sure that your unit is very bright.

biglights

Enlightened
Well it may not help you now but the XM-L2 version is out, I'm about to order one from GG.

Mine will be delivered today. Only paid like $5 more than the original TX25C2. Cant wait! Thanks for the great review Selfbuilt!!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, gotta live with what I ordered now. Had my heart set on the new version, but I'll make the best of what I get.

Where did you get it just leave it in the box and return it, there is nothing wrong with that. It's not like your returning it because you don't like the tint and a 50/50 chance you would get a better tint. You made a ordering mistake, pay the return shipping and maybe the dealer you got it from now has the XM-L2 model.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
When the light is in tactical mode, which version of strobe is on mode 3? Is it alternating 15hz-6.5hz-15hz or just constant 9.6hz strobe?