EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: EDC Gear-Flashlights and other items. (Post Pictures)

Hey zeruel, nice pen, micra, and usb key. *high five* What is the tubular object on the far right of the edc case?

Thanks. As SRacer2000 pointed out, it's a Lamy Pico, LAMY pico pearlchrom Ballpoint pen to be exact. A very convenient retractable pen.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Reo: EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition

Sweet pics!

Keep 'em coming, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTomas

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. As SRacer2000 pointed out, it's a Lamy Pico, LAMY pico pearlchrom Ballpoint pen to be exact. A very convenient retractable pen.

Ahh, that's cool, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Carried something a little different today, some USA made action from ~20 years ago (at least the Gerber).

dsc03524mf.jpg

Casio Marlin on a 5-ring Zulu
dsc03523g.jpg

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Kramer5150 --

Ah yes, i bought those (original) Gerber Multi-Pliers, in 12/1993.

I discovered they have a NASTY HABIT of PINCHING the heel of my hand ! ! !

Every Single Time I would use them ! ! !

:hairpull:_:banghead:_:hairpull:

Very Painful, indeed ! ! !

Just curious -- have you experienced the same fate ? ? ?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Hmm no I dont think its ever pinched me before. It was a nice tool for at the time, but there are better ones now. I stowe it in my mountain bike emergency kit. I have used it a few times for repairs on the trails, and camping during the 90s. But other than that its basically brand new. Its kind of loose and sloppy feeling, part tolerances are not very tight overall, and a needle nose would have been more useful for me personally. Thats really my only complaint with it. But it is cool flipping it "open". Can't do that with my leatherman.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Ah yes, i bought those (original) Gerber Multi-Pliers, in 12/1993.

I discovered they have a NASTY HABIT of PINCHING the heel of my hand ! ! ! ...

Very Painful, indeed ! ! !

I had the same Gerber tool and it raised a painful blood blister when its zero-clearance handles pinched my palm. I sold the multitool and haven't bought a Gerber multitool since then.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
I had one of those Gerber multitools back in 1995, and the very first time I used it, it bit me good. If I didn't make a conscious effort not to get bit, I'd get bit. Still, I liked it at the time. Turned up missing a few years later.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I have always found the pliers it a bit awkward to use. Like the handles are way too close together, so it forces me to grip and squeeze it using the ends of my fingers. This places it out, farther away from my palm. If I don't hold it this way, it can pinch. But its never pinched me before, and no multi-tool can ever really replace good purpose build pliers. The blade doesn't lock either... thats one more complaint.

I think its a cool piece to keep around though just for sentimental reasons. It was a gift from my parents when I was a late-teen, and I pack carried it a lot in the 90s and early part of 2000. I would pack carry it with my canteen and the used/dented mess kit I bought from the surplus store on camping trips. Thats all I had... its all I could afford back then. My friends all had USMC Ka-bars that they lent me whenever I needed something for heavier cutting jobs, but I almost always made due with the gerber tool.

And it is Made in USA. I think around this time Gerber started to out-source most of their production to China/Asia. Lets AVOID a big USA-China debate, as that will lock this thread in a heartbeat, I'm just citing a unique aspect if this tool that you can't buy today.

So using a tool like this brings back memories for me, and it is a bit of an antique... it goes beyond anything technical. It was designed, manufactured and patented on North American soil.

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7908944/fulltext.html

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5142721/fulltext.html

dsc03526d.jpg

Last edited:

dmattaponi

Enlightened
kramer, I agreee. It's a nice old school multitool made in the U.S.A. I wish I still had mine. I mostly carry a SAK these days, but I always have a MT handy at home, and in the vehicle. I do have one lasting reminder of my Gerber multitool...a nice scar going across my index finger from the serrated blade.

E1320

Newly Enlightened
At the moment this is what I am lugging around.The Ultrafire A30B has a 1D tint XML with a Nanjg 105c 2.8amp driver set to 3 mode IMR powered. The Nitecore is going to get a 3D tint R4 when I get the courage to bust it open.
Picture068.jpg

Richub

Enlightened
Things that live in my jeans pockets:
-Wallet
-Keys
-Fenix E05
-Fenix LD01 R4
-Nokia X6-00 smartphone
-8GB flash drive

Other things I consider EDC since they live in my EDC backpack:
-Fenix LD40
-Fenix TK41
-320 GB 2.5 inch mobile hard drive
-Set of 12 installation/PC tool DVDs and CDs I use when I'm repairing and/or reinstalling PCs

I can't imagine myself EDCing a pistol, since the law here forbids it. Even carrying a knife isn't my kind of thing, but I'm considering getting me a nice EDC multitool in the near future.

I'm curious though if anybody here carrying an EDC gun ever had to use it, but I'm afraid the answers will lead to offtopic discussions. So don't answer this question, please.
I don't know how to get answers about this without going offtopic or break CPF rules, but the curiosity remains...

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Here is what I carry on me (although I rotate the Native with a Delica, Endura or Mini-Griptilian)...

EDC.jpg

...but I keep this in my glove box so it is never far away (The Streamlight Microstream will be replaced with a Streamlight Stylus Pro as soon as it arrives. It has been ordered and is on its way.)...

EDC-Kit-3.jpg

I like the setup a lot. Do you carry this on your belt or by hand?

VincentG

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,
Newbie member here:)

As follows;

Work; CUDA EDC, Pelican M6 lithium, Seiko SKX013 on aftmkt oyster

Boating; CUDA EDC, SF E1, Tudor Submariner 3 ring Zulu 5517 homage, SS 1911 Gov. mdl

Evening casual, Kershaw sa or SW HRT, SF E1, Tudor Jumbo OP on 93150 oyster, KelTec 32 acp

Evening dress, Gerber LST micarta, 16753 tt GMT on 93153, led SAK exceutive, KelTec 32acp

Hunting/woods, Buck Nighthawk plus SAK super tinker or mariner, Tudor Sub on zulu, Pelican M6 holstered , Walther P22 holstered plus rifle or SG

How about a thread on kit bags or what do you keep in you vehicle:)

VincentG

kramer5150

Flashaholic
What kind of a watch is that? It looks like a citizen?

Citizen Blue Angels flight timer. They made 2 different versions, the older ones were pre-ECO Drive. The current production is eco drive. KILLER timepiece. my brother in law has had one for ~10 years or so. He complained once that the dial is a little too cluttered and hard to read at a glance, so he usually wears a Sunnto X-lander instead.

295391d1276627548-wtt-citizen-blue-angels-eco-drive-bracelet-ba1.jpg

IMHO Citizen makes the best quartz watches for the $$. Some of mine are freekinshly accurate, on the magnatude of +1-2 seconds every 5-6 months.

Last edited: