• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Elzetta by Oveready

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the M61 lens and head gasket that I bought from MK for my 2-cell with M61W. Works great!

Have a good look and you will see that your drop in is sitting deeper into the bezel. That will cut out a lot of your spill beam. Plus if you look into the drain/groove, you will see sharp edges that may contact your lens if you tighten it enough. The proper oring will avoid this.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
A friend bought one of the 2 cell Elzetta host from you. He tells me that it does not come with the small oring that sits in the circular groove on the bezel inner font.

Please have him contact us. We laid out every host and o ring kit not 2 weeks ago. Each (should) include an orange o ring that sits under the drop in and smaller black o ring that sits above, plus the flash washer to works with the included window.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was me and it's no big deal, really. There definitely wasn't one there, but it REALLY isn't a big deal. You guys are absolutely the best in customer service and I could very well have dropped it. Incidentally, I ordered a non-bored host (no drop in) from Elzetta a while back and it didn't have one either. No worries - I have plenty of orings. It's an 016, right?

For folks that don't know, Tom, Dan and Sarah are among the very best!!

Please have him contact us. We laid out every host and o ring kit not 2 weeks ago. Each (should) include an orange o ring that sits under the drop in and smaller black o ring that sits above, plus the flash washer to works with the included window.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about posting a diagram of the o ring/ gasket placement? It would benefit the ones getting their first one and save you guys some time replying to questions.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
The size 16 oring that run4jc mentioned should sit in the groove inside the bezel.
anusa5e2.jpg

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the shot Ben. That's how I've got mine in there but wasn't sure it was right.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the shot Ben. That's how I've got mine in there but wasn't sure it was right.

Great. Getting the correct size and thickness of the oring is important. A size too big or small will virtually make it impossible to get it to fit that groove. And if you don't fit it in properly, you can't seat your drop in lens properly when you tighten it.
And if your oring is too thin, your lens will be sitting on the sharp edges of the bezel aperture.

jspalaroan

Newly Enlightened
Is my understanding correct? If I buy this bored Elzetta for my existing 2 cell (using 2 x CR123 primary ) , I will use 1 x 18650 (rechargeable)without damaging or modification or changing the existing M60? Thanks.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is my understanding correct? If I buy this bored Elzetta for my existing 2 cell (using 2 x CR123 primary ) , I will use 1 x 18650 (rechargeable)without damaging or modification or changing the existing M60? Thanks.

Yeah, the M60 is able to take the voltage range of 1 * 18650 or 2 * CR123

- JonK

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok thank you. So the only thing i would watch is the voltage range if using Malkoff M60 etc...design.

Yeah, electronically wise.... :D
In fact, as some others have pointed out, it will be able to run up to 2 * 18650/16340 since it will be up till 7.2V only..
Or 3 * CR123, 9V..

- JonK

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know you indicated a 2 cell Elzetta. But if you ever get 3 cell Elzetta, the maximum 3 cell configuration that your M60 can handle is 3 pcs of primary.
Never put in 3pcs of rechargeable RCR16340 in it. A fully charged rechargeable lithium will have a resting voltage of just under 4.2volts. If you use 3 rechargeables, you are effectively feeding the M60 with just under 12.6volts.
If you want to use rechargeables on your bored 3 cell, you can use 2 pcs of 18500. That should take it down to 8.4volts.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Extra info:

On one cell (18650, etc), the M60 drops out of regulation sooner than the M61 would at the same voltage. Ignoring beam, etc, go with the M61 for maximum 'in regulation' runtime and the M60 for maximum direct drive (slowly dimming) runtime.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I'd love to produce an optic XPG2, but the optic shop only does XRE and the XPG2 shop only does reflectors. :oops:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Just finding this thread. Absolutely love my OR Elzetta 2 cell. Running a low pro bezel with a M361N LMH with a hi lo TC, with a Moddo clip (w O-ring to make clip hold tight, its solid) to top it off. :)