Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to see Elzetta offer a light with electronics designed for 2 AA, providing fully current regulated 10 lumen low, and 80 lumen high.

I have a Surefire E2L-AA, but an Elzetta AA would be great.

FaithinGod

I doubt that will ever happen. It is designed around the CR123 cell, and designed for military/police use. AA's don't do well around the military/police environment. They are a niche market company.

I am anxiously awaiting the single cell light. :D I hope they design a different clip than the one shown in the photos.

FaithinGod

Newly Enlightened
I doubt that will ever happen. It is designed around the CR123 cell, and designed for military/police use. AA's don't do well around the military/police environment. They are a niche market company.

True. But Surefire started out the same way, and ultimately provided an AA option.

Having found issues with the Surefire AA, it makes me think Elzetta may be able to do better.

I like to hope.

FaithinGod

callmaster

Enlightened
They have only said that production will begin in the summer. No specific month has been mentioned.

Oh, so I guess I won't wait. Get the others first then worry about the single cell later (I'd like to see some reviews first).

Has the new AVS heads gone through the same torture tests the M60 drop ins did?

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have ever wanted a red filter for your Elzetta, you're in luck! A new red flood optic is now available.

20140307160640-d56929bb-me.jpg

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of this thread is devoted to bragging on the lights themselves but I think customer service deserves a mention as well.

When I saw the red lenses were available, I promptly headed over to the Elzetta site and ordered one along with one of the new Elzetta caps. This was just after 5:00 p.m. on a Friday evening so I figured my order would be processed Monday. I was certainly in no hurry and this would have been fine with me.

Later Friday night I received my shipping notification indicating the mailing label had been printed. This was a minor surprise but not terribly unusual. Of course, this did not mean the package had actually shipped yet and I still expected it to go out Monday.

I just checked online and the package has shipped, is about 60 miles from here and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Now THAT is speedy service! Good job Elzetta! :twothumbs

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Wow very nice looking torches indeed btw are they USA made or overseas, they sound European to me.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow very nice looking torches indeed btw are they USA made or overseas, they sound European to me.

They do more than look good. They are built like a tank! They are very stout. Excellent quality for a made in the USA light. :thumbsup:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
20140310173743-1172debe-me.jpg

Received the red flood lens + one of their new caps today!

The cap is very nice and fits my big head quite well (I got a large). It's a good weight for spring/summer/fall use and all the stitching looks top notch. The embroidered Elzetta logos (both front and rear) are nicely done as well. :devil:

EDIT: As you would expect, the red diffuser lens really chokes down the output of the light and spreads it out over a wider area. I tested it on a Charlie body with the High/Low tailcap and I would say in low mode it's perfect for arm's length tasks. On high it stretches out to maybe 10 yards (it will reach farther than that but that's about as far as I could make out good detail).

Last edited:

Latest posts