Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, the springs in the bravo are Carbon Steel right ?
these offer high resistance than copper?.
good or bad? Makes a difference ?.
thanks.

JacquesDP

Newly Enlightened
I have a 315 lumen Alpha, as well as a newer 415 lumen model. The tint on the newer one is extremely warm, almost to the point of being bright yellow. Is this normal? When comparing the 315 to other flashlights the tint is already warm, but the 415 is 10x warmer.

Also, a strange thing has happened on the 315 model. Recently the beam pattern has started printing the square shape of the LED. The whole beam is square instead of round, and it was definitely not like this earlier on. Any ideas to what may be causing it?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 415 cu was way yellow too, sold it on.

I have a 315 lumen Alpha, as well as a newer 415 lumen model. The tint on the newer one is extremely warm, almost to the point of being bright yellow. Is this normal? When comparing the 315 to other flashlights the tint is already warm, but the 415 is 10x warmer.

Also, a strange thing has happened on the 315 model. Recently the beam pattern has started printing the square shape of the LED. The whole beam is square instead of round, and it was definitely not like this earlier on. Any ideas to what may be causing it?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
@JacquesDP

Are you holding it up close to a wall when you see the square beam profile? Or just through regular usage?

JacquesDP

Newly Enlightened
@JacquesDP

Are you holding it up close to a wall when you see the square beam profile? Or just through regular usage?

Both! I know it's normal for the Alpha TIR to show a square when you hold it up close to a wall - this is how my light was as well. However, lately the beam is square regardless of how far from a surface I am shining the light. Even outside against a large wall or shining on the grass clearly shows a square beam shape.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Weird. I will check mine later and report back.

I just checked my Alpha 315. The beam is completely round, and that goes for both spot and spill.
I would send Elzetta an email and a photo of the beam asking about the issue and see what they say.

Last edited:

JacquesDP

Newly Enlightened
Wow. Weird. I will check mine later and report back.

I just checked my Alpha 315. The beam is completely round, and that goes for both spot and spill.
I would send Elzetta an email and a photo of the beam asking about the issue and see what they say.

Thank you very much for checking! I will definitely shoot them an e-mail and see what my options are. :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It seems Elzetta was aiming more at the casual user with the 415 lumen upgrade. An untapped crowd for Elzetta.
Much warmer tint and a better combo beam for general uses. Still a great backup though.

The 315 model was seemingly aimed at the user who kicks in doors and needed a bunch of bright white light at 10m or less without it lighting up the user. It was hovering on the verge of neutral tint though.

Now the square beam is not normal. Sounds like something moved. Especially since it sounds like it hasn't always been that way. Definitely contact Elzetta. It may take a few days to hear back though. They are a small and busy staff there.

JacquesDP

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much for the info! Your explanation makes perfect sense to me. I was out this evening again and think I may have spoken too soon on the 415 model. My room has light yellow paint on the walls which amplify the warm tint. Outside the tint is lovely and gives me colour definition above and beyond any other flashlight I have. I am happy with the tint and find it a great option to have.

The tint on the 315 is definitely cooler in comparison! I believe something did move inside and is causing the square beam pattern. I am sure they will sort me out in no time!

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe something did move inside and is causing the square beam pattern. I am sure they will sort me out in no time!

Have you recently removed the bezel? I remember some guys over torqued the bezel and cracked the optic a while back. A cracked optic could definitely change the beam profile.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi- would Anyone know the exact sizes of all the bravo ZFL M60 O Rings please?.
i know there's like an orange one where it sometimes rests on the M60 drop in.

I'm trying to order some mil spec ones black or blue, and stick a Prometheus Ti clip on it.
i need the O ring size for that bit too I'm sure.
once I know I'll try order from Oveready or the o ring store Idaho.

if anyone could help.
ive also contacted Elzetta.

thanks well in advance.

Last edited:

JacquesDP

Newly Enlightened
Have you recently removed the bezel? I remember some guys over torqued the bezel and cracked the optic a while back. A cracked optic could definitely change the beam profile.
I have unscrewed my bezel, but I always take extra care not to overtighten it. I would say that my bezel has always been left a little loose.

Although the optic has striations in it, it has always looked like that. I don't see any visible cracks.