Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

It's a shame to see the low pro bezel go away. To be honest for most stuff I like the crenelated Vorlon/Klingon bezel but occasionally the low pro works better for carry. At least I already have a few laying around. It's nice to be able to use Elzetta bodies as M61 hosts but it's not a huge deal if they go away from them in favor of their own stuff. I have plenty of hosts and the supply doesn't seem likely to dry up anytime soon.

isthisloaded?

Newly Enlightened
I absolutely love this thread. I have learned so much from you guys.

I have had a Elzetta Bravo with AVS head for a couple of years now and I am very impressed with it.

With some help I managed to make a custom 2 cell body that can accommodate a 18650 cell as well as a 3 cell body that can accommodate 2 Keeppower 18500 protected cells and retain the functionality of the High-Low tailcap.

Will try to upload some pics later.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I absolutely love this thread. I have learned so much from you guys.

I have had a Elzetta Bravo with AVS head for a couple of years now and I am very impressed with it.

With some help I managed to make a custom 2 cell body that can accommodate a 18650 cell as well as a 3 cell body that can accommodate 2 Keeppower 18500 protected cells and retain the functionality of the High-Low tailcap.

Will try to upload some pics later.

I'm interested to see. I have a Charlie body that was bored out by OR to accept 2 X 18490 (unprotected). Others have said that they can run it on 2 x 18500, but I find the longer protected cells to be an extremely tight fit lengthwise. I prefer the 18490's.

isthisloaded?

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested to see. I have a Charlie body that was bored out by OR to accept 2 X 18490 (unprotected). Others have said that they can run it on 2 x 18500, but I find the longer protected cells to be an extremely tight fit lengthwise. I prefer the 18490's.

This is the 3 cell body

20171004_160642_zpsvvkd26sg.jpg

I made it slightly longer than the Charlie to accommodate 18500 protected cells.

20171004_160708_zpsugzwyaak.jpg

isthisloaded?

Newly Enlightened
I used to run a Solarforce extender and Surefire tailcap with McClicky switch but really missed the low output option.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
Has anyone ever had an Elzetta AVS Bravo bored v54 made? That is something I might be interested in!

Brightfan

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, so happy, just got my first Elzetta.
got the Alpha 315 lumen with hi/lo tail cap. Wow, blown away, love this light.
Know the 415 lumen light is out but is not available here yet, not too worried about it as the 315 is still great and the 7lumen low is sweet when dark.
Agonized over this purchase for ages, was worried that would not want to carry it due to being bigger than most single cell CR123 lights, but guess what, stuck the speed clip on and sits very well in FR pocket of jeans, yes the top sticks out but t-shirt, or golf shirt covers it anyway.

Speed clip not exactly deep carry but deploys super easy so I get why they made it the way they did.
weird as it is bigger than my other EDC lights but feels like was made to be carried.
Played with the Bravo too but have a 6p so couldn't justify plus want to carry the light and the Bravo not really edc on person size.

ridiculous over engineered piece of flashlight goodness !!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Good score!!

The 315 is a real nice light. Glad to hear the clip fits your criteria.
You think you'll try the 415 when available?
It's totally different in the way it puts out light. For the better in general use terms in my view but I still dig the 315 for indoor use or to light the area nearby my person.

Brightfan

Newly Enlightened
^^ Good score!!

The 315 is a real nice light. Glad to hear the clip fits your criteria.
You think you'll try the 415 when available?
It's totally different in the way it puts out light. For the better in general use terms in my view but I still dig the 315 for indoor use or to light the area nearby my person.

Probably wont try the 415, these things are not cheap as you know, would be nice to have got the latest version but my eyes would likely not really determine the extra output that easily.
just really liking the build quality and the way it feels great to carry and use.

My 6p is a bit too big for pocket carry, my S1 mini and 47mini feels a bit too small when in hand, the Alpha feels right.
Dont know if that makes sense, maybe just justification for the purchase, anyway I dig all my lights but the elzetta the most right now. Lol

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, I dig what you're saying, but the Elzetta Bravo AVS is so nice that it might be worth investing in bigger pants.

Just kidding. Congrats on the Alpha. I don't have one yet, but I'm being really really good and hoping Santa will bring me one for Christmas.

scout24

Flashaholic
Bigger pants. Carpenter's jeans. Cargo shorts. All good choices. :) I recall when the Bones came out, there was a lot of positive comments on the beam, etc. I asked Bykfixer via PM to convince me I needed one. He had some good points. I wound up buying the AVS head for my original Bravo, and am glad I did. Worth needing bigger pockets.