Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see why not. May rattle a bit. You really have to be conscious of the overall length of each battery for best fit. The 18490s are the best fit.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
If the body is bored then of course the 17500 will fit but they might be a tad long. I remember a review of the bored bodies and within 2x18500 they had to unscrew the head a little for them to fit. If you're using a stock body you may or may not have to remove the wraper for them to fit width wise.

WebHobbit

Enlightened
I have an Alpha on order. I'm having it engraved so I have no idea how long it will take. I'm debating on ordering an OR clip in the mean time.

edit: In the current 415 lumen Alpha does it still have a square beam shape on a white wall? I hope not...I guess if it annoys me too much I can order the flood lens. It's not visible through that is it?

And BTW what drugs were the designers on when they came up with that UGLY HUGE pocket clip???? That has to be the worst clip ever!

Last edited:

Beard Man

Enlightened
The Ti Pocket Clip from Prometheus (darksucks.com - https://darksucks.com/collections/titanium-pocket-clips-1/products/surefire-titanium-clip) also fit perfectly on my Elzetta Bravo:

Elzetta Bravo (bored 18650)
High/Low Tailcap
Malkoff M361N-LMH
Ti Prometheus Pocket Clip

37782881315_8981ef4106_b.jpg

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Square beam only if you get close to wall. I doubt you'd ever notice when used for real life work. No worries.

WebHobbit

Enlightened
OK...got my Alpha with the inscription "Molon Labe"....to my surprise (and delight) they did it in the "Greek Lettering" style without me even asking for it! Love it!

First impression is that I LOVE the feel/texture of the anodizing and the NICE grooves and knurling.

I bought both lens options and as it turns out I THINK I like the FULL On FLOOD lens best! No artifacts just clean tons of light. I bought this as a back up to my main EDC so having it flood only should be fine in this role. Also I should point out that I think I am fast becoming a Neutral snob....as I think I prefer the warmer tone of the Alpha to my typical Cool White (5700k) Malkoffs. I also just got a Hound Dog 18650 in Neutral so I am crossing over from the "blue side" to the "yellow side" I guess!

thumb-img_1355.jpg

full size image:

https://lrpctech.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/img_1355.jpg

Now I'm waiting for my Oveready pocket clip to arrive for it. I know people say it fits it but that groove/space looks too WIDE for the clip not to spin just eyeballing it.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I'm waiting for my Oveready pocket clip to arrive for it. I know people say it fits it but that groove/space looks too WIDE for the clip not to spin just eyeballing it.

There's an optional o ring that you place between the battery tube and the pocket clip to fill the gap on many lights.
Also, don't get rid of all your cool white lights. They still have their place and after going all neutral/warm for a while, you get the same "ah ha" moment when you try a cool light again.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since they've stopped offering the M60 module altogether, I think they must be selling off their remaining stock of bezels. Maybe the low profile bezels were the best sellers? They are all likely to disappear in the near future.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Pure conjecture here but... as Elzetta has evolved lessons have been learned and experience gained. My thinking here is that the low profile stuff is going away for logistical reasons that input from warriors has indicated would suit their needs better.
An example would be that a sculpted bezel provides a slight "snoot" which causes the beam to be cast in front of the light, not right at it. Yet the cranalations allow light to "leak" out the sides of the snoot. Goofy looking beam to us purists when aimed at a wall, yet to a SWAT person mana from Heaven.

Hold your favorite flashlight beside your ear sometime. At night of course. Turn it on. If you can see your feet or not far out front from your feet, that is a bad thing when there's a potential for a foe to be aiming at you.
In some cases a low profile bezel can allow light to be cast at a 90 degree angle from its origin. Great for total room lighter. Bad when your torsoe should not be included.
Like I say, all that is conjecture on my part as to why Elzetta changed things, as I do not own a Bravo or Charlie. But can say that the low profile bezel on my Alpha allows it to light me where the CQB bezel does provide a slight gap.... not enough gap to suit me but it is better and knowing this I use my Alpha well forward of my torsoe. Same with my Bones.

When you see Brad Pitt in a movie holding a pistol and a flashlight all cool like and the pistol is lit by it.... folks that is a bad thing in real life.

IMG_20171203_084843.jpg

Ideal. Note this is not an Elzetta

IMG_20171203_084714.jpg

Note: brightness added for showing details

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
@bykfixer. I can certainly see your point, but I don't think that Elzetta's bezels have any effect on the beam profile of the M60, since all of the bezels interface with the optic in the same way. It is, I believe, a 16.5 mm opening, much like a Malkoff MDX head.

On the AVS heads, the standard and crenellated bezel rings likewise will not limit the viewing angle of the lens. The dim, yet wide angle spill you are referring to is the result of their TIR optics, which they tout as a feature that increases situational awareness.

Beard Man

Enlightened
@bykfixer , the Low profile bezel is same as the Standard bezel,except Standard have more deep flutes.

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Just finished boring my bravo body turned out nice, glad to have 18650 power now. Did my charlie too but waiting for new batteries because my protected 18500s wont fit. I dont know how the hell those guys at flashlight guide got their's to fit lol.
C2r9xQz.jpg

eXZo9GO.jpg

Malkoff m61n inside, pairs with avs head tint very nice imo
S0ISb3C.jpg

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I ordered some unprotected Panasonic 2000mah ncr18500a's from orbtronic they "should" work. In running 2 imr 14500's and the fit perfect. Didnt really want the same 18490s, want most capacity.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered some unprotected Panasonic 2000mah ncr18500a's from orbtronic they "should" work. In running 2 imr 14500's and the fit perfect. Didnt really want the same 18490s, want most capacity.

Please update us with the results when you receive your batteries. I'm curious about the length of the cells relative to the Charlie, but I also think that you must have bored out more material than Oveready does.