Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the Bravo/Charlie high-low tailcap fit and will reliably engage with a stock or bored Surefire 6P (with a Malkoff dropin)? And how does it look like...:grin2:

I sold my last 6P a while back, but I don't think they are compatible. If I remember correctly, the Elzetta tail cap is too short to cover the O-ring, although it will make contact.

I currently have a Malkoff tail cap on my Elzetta Bravo, but my Elzetta tail cap is also too short for any Malkoff host. Of course the Malkoff MD series battery tubes are compatible with Surefire tail caps. If that makes any sense at all.

choombak

Enlightened
And now I have three (okay, one goes away shortly on some real duty). I think I should never have visited this thread... :grin2:. Grabbed another ZFL-M60 from the big river site while the prices were insanely low... I guess anything that has Malkoff written on it is interesting stuff. ;-)

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently, elephants respond well to strobe and its typically a high stress.

That makes sense for some reason to me, but I never knew that. No I'm gonna have to get another Elzetta to try and use 8n daily life. I had three or four and parts a few years back but got out of them for some reason. I still have some M60 and M60F modules though. I always did like the compactness of the light and the feel.

I want to try a three cell and my M91B in an Elzetta now.

Can I ask if possibly the elephant is responding to strobe because it's so unnatural and might look similar to a thunderstorm as in lightening flashing in the environment.

Just a thought.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Be careful with that Elzetta, sir. It may spawn duplicates and infest your home!

And now I have three (okay, one goes away shortly on some real duty). I think I should never have visited this thread... :grin2:. Grabbed another ZFL-M60 from the big river site while the prices were insanely low... I guess anything that has Malkoff written on it is interesting stuff. ;-)

You were warned. lol

Good stuff.

mamelo

Newly Enlightened
I sold my last 6P a while back, but I don't think they are compatible. If I remember correctly, the Elzetta tail cap is too short to cover the O-ring, although it will make contact.

What a pity, I love how my 6P feels in my hand, better than my MD2s, but I need /want two output levels without click press oops wrong click again actions..
How is the grip of the Bravo compared to the MD2/6P?

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a pity, I love how my 6P feels in my hand, better than my MD2s, but I need /want two output levels without click press oops wrong click again actions..

Bravo is perfect IMHO. Carried it constantly until messed up the bezel (accidental drop). But today I have received another AVS bezel (just love that modularity), so my Bravo returns to service :)

The only drawback I have detected — Elzetta should use 70XX aluminum alloy instead of 60XX. The light is heavy due to its strong construction and a 5 ft drop to a concrete surface has left a deep and sharp nick on its bezel.

Last edited by a moderator:

mamelo

Newly Enlightened
Bravo is perfect IMHO. Carried it constantly until messed up the bezel (accidental drop). But today I have received another AVS bezel (just love that modularity), so my Bravo returns to service :)

The only drawback I have detected — Elzetta should use 70XX aluminum alloy instead of 60XX. The light is heavy due to its strong construction and a 5 ft drop to a concrete surface has left a deep and sharp nick on its bezel.

So the head still works, only the bezel ring was damaged?

Another question: I still have a Cryos head laying around, would it fit with a Malkoff dropin? Or Sufire 6P head with a dropin? (Then the Cryos should fit too...)

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the internal diameters of the Alpha and Bravo?

--flatline
Are you asking for the dia of the bore of the body? It appears that the body bore is just under 17mm. My cheap calipers are not cooperating but It looks like around 16.94mm +/-

Last edited:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you asking for the dia of the bore of the body? It appears that the body bore is just under 17mm. My cheap calipers are not cooperating but It looks like around 16.94mm +/-

That's too bad. No 18650 battery for the Bravo.

I don't like buying cr123a primary cells, so if a light doesn't have a good rechargeable option, I tend to skip it.

--flatline

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't like buying cr123a primary cells, so if a light doesn't have a good rechargeable option, I tend to skip it.

--flatline

You do not need a 18650 battery. You need an UR16650ZTA 2500mAh cell (4.35V max) for it.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

--flatline
As others have mentioned, the Bravo does very well on the 2500mah 16650 cells.

I haven't looked in a while, but Oveready sells bored Bravo's to accommodate 18mm cells. However there are certain 18mm cells that are either a tight fit or do not fit at all in the OR bored Bravo's (I found this out the hard way). There is also an option to find a machine shop locally to bore one out, bore it yourself, or wait for one in the marketplace. They usually show up pretty regularly.

Alpha on the other hand is one piece body/head and i do not think it is possible to bore one out or it would be extremely difficult.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not very particular when it comes to knurling. I like the MD2 very much. I'll say that the Bravo has the most aggressive knurling of the three that you mentioned.

+1 on the 16650. You don't get quite the regulation as 2xCR123's but it's not much different in practical use.

choombak

Enlightened
That makes sense for some reason to me, but I never knew that. No I'm gonna have to get another Elzetta to try and use 8n daily life. I had three or four and parts a few years back but got out of them for some reason. I still have some M60 and M60F modules though. I always did like the compactness of the light and the feel.

I want to try a three cell and my M91B in an Elzetta now.

Can I ask if possibly the elephant is responding to strobe because it's so unnatural and might look similar to a thunderstorm as in lightening flashing in the environment.

Just a thought.

Something like that. And elephants have weak eyes that can't take strong flickering light.

mamelo

Newly Enlightened
I'm not very particular when it comes to knurling. I like the MD2 very much. I'll say that the Bravo has the most aggressive knurling of the three that you mentioned.

Thanks. A couple of years back I was tempted to buy a Bravo for Malkoff dropins, never pushed the button though, but now I ordered one.

Did you observe any wear at the tail / cap threads caused by frequent hi-lo actions?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a heads up on the bored Bravos. They don't accept all 18650 batteries, only the thinner shorter cells. I personally run Panasonic unprotected cells in mine.
But not all cells fit.
I also use the 16650 cells in my unbored Bravo. I actually like the 16650 Sanyo cells better.