Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

Hmmm...kind of disappointing. I'm sure it's well done but it's hard enough to keep track of black lights while camping and hiking, a camo one is just begging to be left in the forest forever! I really regret missing out on the yellow one.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm...kind of disappointing. I'm sure it's well done but it's hard enough to keep track of black lights while camping and hiking, a camo one is just begging to be left in the forest forever! I really regret missing out on the yellow one.
Well, in the dark there is no difference whether it is black or camo as our vision reduces to monochrome :)

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Not trying to open up a can of worms but, can someone explain why elzetta is no longer in bed with malkoff. I tried looking back through thread but can't seem to find it thanks.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Elzetta used Gene's modules in the beginning because they were the only ones readily available to suit the durability Elzetta was striving for. Both were upstarts back then.

They started building their own stuff at some point.

Only the two of them could say whether the departure was on good terms or not. But I'd bet a pepsi it was. Gene helped Elzetta go, Elzetta helped add capital to Gene's enterprise. Win-win.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My understanding that Elzetta bought the rights to producing the M60 modules.
Nonetheless, both Elzetta and Malkoff lights are some of the best and strongest available!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Oh I know they are both great lights. I have several malkoff's. Wanted to try out an elzetta. can you still run m60's in elzetta lights or did they change the design of the light?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can, but you need an older Elzetta ZFL style. The new Charlie and Bravo with the AVS heads will not allow the use of the M60 module. The M60 is fully enclosed and sealed and slightly different than the M61s and M91s.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
can you still run m60's in elzetta lights or did they change the design of the light?

You can, but you need an older Elzetta ZFL style. The new Charlie and Bravo with the AVS heads will not allow the use of the M60 module. The M60 is fully enclosed and sealed and slightly different than the M61s and M91s.

According to the Elzetta website, they still have some of the ZFL style bezels in stock, even though they don't sell the M60 anymore. You can run the current M61 / M91 Malkoff modules in the ZFL bezel if you also use the lens/gasket kit, which is available on the Malkoff website for a couple of bucks.

There are some dealers who may still have complete ZFL-M60 flashlights in stock. For example, battery station shows them available, although I've heard that their website may not be up to date. Amazon also has a few.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Camo Alpha. Very nice!
24838d153aa0c7929ce9b4410d1f514f.jpg
31e5f87b9ecd4ccf15b621d45128deff.jpg

fordcappy

Enlightened
( I have to keep editing this post to phrase the question properly) Might be a dumb question but does Elzetta make both limited edition and special edition lights? I have 3 "editions" The blue bones and the yellow Alpha, both have indications they are different from regular lights "Decade edition" and "Limited edition"; the Camo Alpha does not have any such engraving on it. Is this how Elzetta handles their limited run lights? Some with engravings indicating an "edition" light and some with nothing.

And got mine today. What a fast turnaround.
4d0d4c45ade86dbe0e931b2fbe1baf09.jpg

Last edited:

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Oh I know they are both great lights. I have several malkoff's. Wanted to try out an elzetta. can you still run m60's in elzetta lights or did they change the design of the light?

One of my favorite lights is an Elzetta host with a Malkoff M61HCRI2 and a high low tailcap. After getting used to high low function at the head end of Malkoffs, the tail adjustment take some getting used to, but works great.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
At fordcappy:

Every year Elzetta does one limited edition. This years was the camo Alpha. One year it was a yellow Bravo, another year was a copper Alpha.

They also did a 10 year edition of the Bones in "denim blue".

Honestly I don't know the story behind your yellow Alpha there. Perhaps that was their 2017 limited edition?