Emisar button as light source vs voltage indicator

Brewer

Newly Enlightened
I just received my first Emisar (which is also my first Anduril light) - a D4K. I've just spent a couple of hours playing with it and Anduril, and I'm blown away!

Firstly, this is a seriously good light. I got the raised switch bezel, and this is the first compact light I've owned with a SENSIBLE, PRACTICAL switch. Super easy to locate and operate, but with realistic mechanical protection from accidental operation. And the beam (SST20 4000K 95CRI) is beautiful.

I chose the cyan button as I liked the look of it, and after a brief moment of remorse today wishing I'd chosen the RGB instead, I realised that the button itself is actually a valid 'moonlight' option in its own right - for example, finding something in a tent in the middle of the night - so there may actually be an advantage in having a fixed color that does not change with the battery volts.

I like the cyan, and it puts out useful light, but I'm wondering if anyone has opinions on the other switch backlight colors (eg warm or cool white) as a light source?

Alternatively, does the RGB version of the button, in volts mode, actually give a useful indication of battery level while the flashlight is in use?

3_gun

Enlightened
The volt setting is more trouble than it's worth, I just use the 3 clicks from off to check battery level

Brewer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I love the volts setting! So convenient to be able to see at a glance. I was just curious if the RGB switch adds a reliable warning during actual use?

For now I've set my aux leds to be on low when 'awake', and high on lockout. This might seem odd, but the switch is so good that I don't really feel I need a lockout, so I'm trialling it as a kind of 'night mode' - the bright switch gives a useful light as described above, and I also get momentary access to moonlight/low, with no nasty surprises.

Really liking the ability to program a simple, useful UI without all the disco modes!