• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D1vn - Smallest 18350/18650 Thrower R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinhnguyen54
Could you tell me how they throw relative to one another; warm, neutral, cool?
And how cool is cool?

If we hold all the electronics and optics variable constant and only alter the tint of the LED then throw will rank from Cool, Neutral, Warm with cool throwing best. Cool tint LEDs tend to be in a higher brightness bin. But even at simialr brightness bin (similar output) the cooler tint will still register a bit brighter to the eyes and to my meters from experience.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we hold all the electronics and optics variable constant and only alter the tint of the LED then throw will rank from Cool, Neutral, Warm with cool throwing best. Cool tint LEDs tend to be in a higher brightness bin. But even at simialr brightness bin (similar output) the cooler tint will still register a bit brighter to the eyes and to my meters from experience.

Thanks for your reply,
after consideration I've ordered a neutral from you and I am confident that it will do the trick, the tint and the tighter focused beam are what will matter more than a little more throw.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
vinhnguyen54,
what would you change about the XP-L HI 5000K?

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I meant as opposed to the stock D1 with XP-L HI V2 3A at 5000K.

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you only recommend lg3500 in sst40 version?

Because of possible current spikes from high amp batteries.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thank you vinh! awesome:)

I prefer a 4000-5000k type beam over cooler, however this to my eyes looks a pure white. Being throw bias having cooler LED's is not an issue and besides that colours look fine! Its nicer/better than i was expecting tbh, large hot spot and very bright spill makes this more than just a thrower. A great all rounder imo:party:

Beam itself is better again than expected, it was first tested in work(white wall stuff is pointless imho, yes it can give an idea of the beam, but it can show all kinds that are not seen in use). Still even close up to a wall, nothing untoward and a nice beam! Stand back 6ft and the odd ring is hardly noticeable. Aim it away from a wall and at objects, close up looks good. Very surprised being in a SMO reflector.............impressive! As i dont need long run times on 100%, the heat is a none issue for me, in fact a 1/3 of the output is more than enough!
rGpq35Yl.jpg

Qz7f6nSl.jpg

sst40....................i like it !
0o2Eeckl.jpg

7OPTz7fl.jpg

ir5b5tml.jpg

C1NI2RAl.jpg

:twothumbs for this one.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: Well, you will be happy then! My beam pics do not show how bright this little D1vn is.................:naughty:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK folks, I'm caving in on the Emisar D1vn with SST40 Shaved Dome. Can someone comment on the resulting color temperature in this light, after shaving the dome?