EMISAR D4 Version 2!!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is so cool.
I love seeing where portable electronics are increasingly replacing the need for desk top machines.
On a related note, IOS has recently gotten actress to USB host mode!
... and IOS is adopting swype typing!!!
- both of these are extremely old news in the Android world, but IOS devices are very, very nice, and their walled garden apps are well tuned to their excellent hardware, - none will dispute that.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who purchased from MtnElectronics, do they get the kit at cost ?

And from Mtn, or from IntlOutdoor ?

If you're one of the glitched owners, you get it from Hank for $8.99 shipped. I can't imagine Richard at Mountain is charging more, but he might tag you for shipping , so buy other stuff!

Chris

archimedes

Flashaholic
I asked because I didn't currently see it listed at Mtn, and wondered how Intl would be able to verify my order from Mtn.

I guess maybe I just need to try contacting Richard direct ... :thinking:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked because I didn't currently see it listed at Mtn, and wondered how Intl would be able to verify my order from Mtn.

I guess maybe I just need to try contacting Richard direct ... :thinking:
Or just order it from Hank and put in the notes that you ordered the light from MTN on X date and give the order number. Hank can contact Richard to verify if he desires or maybe he'll just send the kit for $8.50 anyway. I ordered the kit with no tracking (would have been extra $2) and received it in 10 days.

Last edited:

LRJ88

Enlightened
Seeing the news regarding this light and that there's now a raised ring and hints at more colours possible later on i'm pretty damn curious as to if Hank can make it an OD colour similar to older Zebralights, if that was available i'd be on it like a hawk.

http://i.imgur.com/DU0YlVv.jpg

Not my picture, i take no credit whatsoever for it, it's just for comparison in colour and to show what i mean.

pc_light

Enlightened
Just for giggles I did a quick mock up of the D4 v2 in the Zebralight colors from Trevilux's photo above and I have to admit they look nice in those colors. :grin2:

(D4 v2 Images on the Left and Right don't actually exist, so don't get excited.)
3bIruto.jpg

LRJ88

Enlightened
Just for giggles I did a quick mock up of the D4 v2 in the Zebralight colors from Trevilux's photo above and I have to admit they look nice in those colors. :grin2:

(D4 v2 Images on the Left and Right don't actually exist, so don't get excited.)

I've very much like that left one, ever since getting my first SC52 something about that colour has stuck with me.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if there are any plans to release Ti versions like with the V1s?

Yes. Hank confirmed by email to a user on another forum recently. They should be introduced in a few months.

It looks like there will also be a new deep blue color soon.

Additionally, it was confirmed on TLF that there will be a v2 of the D1S thrower with a new driver and new emitter options, and it appears there may be a v2 of the D4S in work, too.

buds224

Enlightened
Totally love mine. It's got the gorked Muggle mode, but that mode will never see any use and this light will never get loaned out, so I'm good. Aux lighting is amazingly beautiful!

67945479_10217878442140044_3951767836745007104_n.jpg

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my sand D4V2 and like the FW3A, it has a very nice beam. Love it. Got a clip and attached my lanyard and beads. I can see it helping with indexing in your hand to find the switch by feel - I keep it 90 degrees out from the switch. The SST-20 5000K is a nice medium just before cool white. Going to see how I like it over the next week or so. Using the Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA 3500mAh. Illumn recommends it for the FW3A, so why not. I don't go hear turbo.

28qvbaBl.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my sand D4V2 and like the FW3A, it has a very nice beam. Love it. Got a clip and attached my lanyard and beads. I can see it helping with indexing in your hand to find the switch by feel - I keep it 90 degrees out from the switch. The SST-20 5000K is a nice medium just before cool white. Going to see how I like it over the next week or so. Using the Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA 3500mAh. Illumn recommends it for the FW3A, so why not. I don't go hear turbo.

28qvbaBl.jpg

The D4V2 can pull upwards of 15A-18A on turbo. The NCR-GA is a 10A cell.

Chris

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
The D4V2 can pull upwards of 15A-18A on turbo. The NCR-GA is a 10A cell.
Like I said - I stay away from turbo. I've got a couple Sony VTC6 18650s if need be. The NCR18650GA is recommended on the Illumn site for the FW3A anyway.

For some reason, I'm not getting the modes I'm used to with the little Anduril that I know from using my FW3A. My D4V2 came with the aux lights coming on after batter insertion. So I tried 7 clicks, but off still was the aux light show. Keeping the button depressed got to ramp, but off was still aux. Tried 6 clicks and it turned off, back to ramp mode on the next click to turn on. 4 click lock out from off does not work. This is with the NCR18650GA. Just tried the VTC6 in there and all of the symptoms are the same. Emailed Hank to see what's what.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
My D4V2 came with the aux lights coming on after batter insertion. So I tried 7 clicks, but off still was the aux light show.
Like yours, my D4V2 came to me configured to "rainbow" mode when the torch was switched off. The auxilliary leds were "rainbowing" at the "low" brightness level.

The first time I did seven clicks from off it turned the "rainbow" mode to "high". Then the second time I did seven clicks from off it turned the "rainbow" mode to "flashing" then the third time I did seven clicks it turned the auxilliary leds off.

ie. it had to go through each following step in the rotation before it got to "off" and each step took seven clicks.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like yours, my D4V2 came to me configured to "rainbow" mode when the torch was switched off. The auxilliary leds were "rainbowing" at the "low" brightness level.

The first time I did seven clicks from off it turned the "rainbow" mode to "high". Then the second time I did seven clicks from off it turned the "rainbow" mode to "flashing" then the third time I did seven clicks it turned the auxilliary leds off.

ie. it had to go through each following step in the rotation before it got to "off" and each step took seven clicks.
Thanks JaguarDave-in-Oz. I was thinking about your post, so I hit 6 clicks from off, and aux rainbow came on. So from there, I hit 7 clicks, then 7 clicks again and got the double pulse (end of mode) indicator - and now all is well except I still cannot access lockout mode ( 4 clicks from off, with momentary moonlight ). No worries though as I use the tailcap twist to lockout. I also have the somewhat long press from off moonlight mode back. Could have sworn it wasn't there when I got it.

I really like the feel of this light. It's very slightly taller, and a tad thicker than the FW3A. I just said no to magnets in mine lol.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I've been trying mine out for everyday carry with the shorty 18350 barrel for the last four days or so. I really like the auxilliary led voltage indicator when off. I got the raised surround around my button and so far it hasn't turned on in my pocket.

I replaced a camshaft actuator on my wife's SUV this morning and used the emisar's tailcap magnet to hold the torch to the underside of the bonnet (hood) while I worked. Being only an 18350 I thought I'd be smart and save battery by setting it to the brightness of surrounding areas rather than really bright. This meant that when the job was over I failed to notice while packing away tools that the torch was still magnetted to the underside of the bonnet and I slammed the bonnet shut and drove off on a test drive.

It wasn't until about twenty minutes after returning that I remembered the torch and I went out to open the bonnet expecting that the torch would no longer be there but was surprised to find it still shining light and hanging on exactly where I had placed it when I started. The magnet held through slamming the bonnet and a five mile test drive out on open country roads. Colour me impressed.