Emisar D4

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Noctigon Meteor D4

Would there be any benefit for performing a spring bypass at the MCPCB and tailcap?

I don't think this puppy can be driven any harder than it is. The FET driver is pulling everything the battery can give it as I understand.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

Would there be any benefit for performing a spring bypass at the MCPCB and tailcap?
Not really. The light already uses some very high quality low-resistance springs. Same springs as on the Noctigon M43 I think. Also there isn't a lot of extra room in the battery compartment. The springs squish almost flat, making a spring bypass iffy. Finally, the light already gets hot very fast. Even if a spring bypass were to increase current all it would do is make the light heat up even faster while providing no noticeable increase to output.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Green is Nice. Mine is Nichia but i prefer the 219b in S41 with it's rosy tint.

ven

Flashaholic

Damn that green looks good:D Re-219 flavours, i have quite a few 219b's from 4000k and I to love the slight rosy tint. I do like this 219c 5000k , on my sample its a pure white and colours look accurate to my eyes. Its nice to have a few choices, kind of break up the LED's,colour temps and tints............just keeps things fresh imo.

Little pic of little lights i took ready for tonight(nothing special actually happening, just my lights to use and play with)

Its crazy how fast it sups mah from the poor 30Q's..........i have another 30Q and vtc5 ready to swap out. This can be minutes of use...............Defo need a spare cell or 2 ready:faint:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn that green looks good:D Re-219 flavours, i have quite a few 219b's from 4000k and I to love the slight rosy tint. I do like this 219c 5000k , on my sample its a pure white and colours look accurate to my eyes. Its nice to have a few choices, kind of break up the LED's,colour temps and tints............just keeps things fresh imo.

Little pic of little lights i took ready for tonight(nothing special actually happening, just my lights to use and play with)

Its crazy how fast it sups mah from the poor 30Q's..........i have another 30Q and vtc5 ready to swap out. This can be minutes of use...............Defo need a spare cell or 2 ready:faint:

Killer round up of lights you got there! Very nice.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

118f4744283b51c6919493ff4bb1e2d5.jpg

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Loving mine. Had to increase the temperature setting as I like to run my lights between 600 to 1000 lumens and it was dropping below 600 lumens after a short time of use.

Keitho

Enlightened

I like to run my lights around 600 degrees (F, not C-- I'm not crazy!)

Seriously, I love my Nichia version, and I love it even more with a slightly more floody optic I just got from mtn electronics.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like to run my lights around 600 degrees (F, not C-- I'm not crazy!)

Seriously, I love my Nichia version, and I love it even more with a slightly more floody optic I just got from mtn electronics.

Did that optic smooth out the squarish beam pattern?

Keitho

Enlightened

Yep, it's a smooth wall of very nice Nichia light, with no evidence of pointy bits.

ven

Flashaholic

Nice triple tixx:D

Where are you guys looking, 219c here, i was hedgehog hunting last night and just a wall of light, could not see any artifacts at all. Hot spot pretty much blended into the spill at 10ft or so. Before that a very soft hot spot at say 5ft, colours looked great and accurate. If i shine it above an object by around 4"(just tried it) then yes square and can just make out the optic legs. Obviously i would not use it like this though. Other optics also give artifacts close up, usually when almost up against something.

Keitho

Enlightened

You're correct ven, the only place you see beam artifacts is close up. I like the more diffuse optics to slightly smooth out the hot spot to Corona transition. I tend to prefer floody, especially when it is that bright.

I bet those hedgehogs were impressed with your little D4!

ven

Flashaholic

Could not find it again, rach was armed with a predator prov2.5 warm as well. Earlier the kids had found it and it went into long grass near the pond . They were waiting for it to come out for ages, then decided to check and it had moved. The kids made a right mess at the bottom of the garden building a home for it :laughing:

Other than the frosted quad, all have artifacts close up. Luckily my uses are for more than a few inch away. Although I do check beams close up or against a wall , it's what's outiside that matters to me(or what I see in use which could also be inside). Frosted certainly soften the beam out, I like it a lot. But don't feel the need to convert my other quads. In fact I like them the way they are.

Its amazing how fugly some beams are close up, but in use perfectly fine or unnoticeable for artifacts.

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for all the useful and interesting information on this light, I just had to order a Nichia version what I am still confused is what battery and rating would be the best compromise to run this setup I have a hard time understanding what I need between High current vs Big reserve ? What are you all running in your lights.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Having had all D4 lights at 5000k or below, here is my tint preference

I've had every one of them and here is my list from best to worst according to my eyes and I've had multiples of them, not just one of each:

1) XP-G2 4000k
2) XP-G2 5000k
3) XP-L 5000k
4) Nichia 219c 5000k

Keitho

Enlightened

I have my 18650 collection down to two flavors, one flat top for Zebralight compatibility, and one button top. INR18650MJ1 (green, button top, 10A): ~3200 mAh to 3V; and, NCR18650GA (red, flat top, 10A): ~3250 mAh to 3V. Vinh recommends the INR18650MJ1's for some of his high current lights, and Zebralight recommends the NCR18650GA's--that's good enough for the girls I go with. Both cells work well for me in the D4. I think mtn electronics has a list of 18650's broken down for "high capacity" and "high current" in the D4 listing, so I know there are lots of other options.

ven

Flashaholic

Thanks for all the useful and interesting information on this light, I just had to order a Nichia version what I am still confused is what battery and rating would be the best compromise to run this setup I have a hard time understanding what I need between High current vs Big reserve ? What are you all running in your lights.

I am running either sony vtc5/vtc6 and samsung 30q .