Emisar D4V2 Tint ramping (and other Emisar/Noctigon lights with that feature)

LRJ88

Enlightened
Hank dropped a whole slew of tint ramping flashlights on INTL-Outdoor the other day, being ever so slightly impatient over this new feature on my overall favourite flashlight platform i've ended up already ordering a D4V2 with W1 in 6000K and 219BT-V1 in 2700K. Now while i'm just rolling my thumbs and pondering how long it'll take to get it i'm just curious as to how many others have ordered theirs, or if those who've pre-ordered them have managed to get theirs already and played around with them.

Showngo

Newly Enlightened
That should be a great mix. Nice. I don't have the tint ramping but he released the channel switching OR tint ramping in the D4Sv2 first, I got that with the SST-20 Deep Red and W1 in it. It's a great setup for sure. I too have a D4V2 that should be here next week I hope, tint ramping e21a 2000k to e21a 5000k. Haha.

The tint ramping I've seen so far from others look stellar. Can't wait.

LRJ88

Enlightened
Did you get your D4SV2 with the ramping or the channel switching? I was very torn on that at first when i saw them, then i saw the KR4 that had both but didn't want to pull the trigger just yet, and after a few days more dropped with both tint ramping and channel switching and i had to sit there for a good, long while just to decide which one to get.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did anyone pull the trigger on a tint ramping light.. Jon?

I thought XPL Hi warm to neutral would be fun to play with, however..

Is the ramping UI functional or just a novelty, a toy?

Duster1671

Enlightened
I have a D4v2 Ti with tint ramping in 219b 2700K + 4500K. I've only had it for a few days, so the jury is still out on actual usefulness.

But the tint on this beam is really, really nice all the way from 2700K to 4500K. Quite pink in side-by-side comparisons with many other lights, but when I use it on its own it's a pleasant, creamy white that I can dial up or down. Reds really pop.

Overall, I think it's mostly novelty. But even if you never ramp the CCT up or down, the combination of the two emitters makes a really nice beam.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have a Lumintop modified by Vinh that ramps color temperature (SST and 219b). It is very fun to experiment, and would be helpful to those who want to see what is preferable to them personally. Typically our flashlights are 4000K to 5000K, but we settled on the midway point with the variable tint, which might be about 3500 Kelvin(?). Just very nice on the eyes while walking the dogs in the forest. The user interface is different on that Lumintop, and invites mistakes if one is used to a more conventional UI. It would be better if the low was lower as well. Quite floody.

LRJ88

Enlightened
Did anyone pull the trigger on a tint ramping light.. Jon?

I thought XPL Hi warm to neutral would be fun to play with, however..

Is the ramping UI functional or just a novelty, a toy?
I got mine a little while ago now, 219BT-V1 2700K and W1 6000K LEDs, having the option between both different throws and temperatures is way more useful than you'd expect, once you realise you have it it's getting harder to use other flashlights without bringing more to use at the same time. I'll have to admit i like this a lot more than i expected to.