• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D4vn - Smallest 18650 Quad Thrower

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^^^^

She also posted it this way which is a little easier to understand.

To set the thermal limit, turn the light off. Then click ten or more times and, without missing a beat, press and hold the button. Keep holding until the light feels hot, then let go.

While you're holding it, it should blink out a number, then "buzz" for a few seconds, then go to turbo. Then it should stay at turbo until you let go. After you release the button, it should blink out a new number representing the new temperature ceiling value.

Keitho

Enlightened
This driver continues to impress me--intuitive enough to hand the light to anyone and they can get it to work (safely), and flexible enough to do a LOT. Little stuff, like the intuitive "display" of the ceiling temp and the cell's voltage, show the refinement of the software. A driver this good, by itself, costs more than half of the price of the D4!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
This driver continues to impress me--intuitive enough to hand the light to anyone and they can get it to work (safely), and flexible enough to do a LOT. Little stuff, like the intuitive "display" of the ceiling temp and the cell's voltage, show the refinement of the software. A driver this good, by itself, costs more than half of the price of the D4!

Yes. Amazing UI.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am talking with Selene/Toykeeper. Hopefully we can collaborate. So far I have only used Dr. Jones UI. Would be great to expand the possibilities.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice.. there are lots of good guys out there on blf..djozz, Texas ace, db custom, zozzv6, Jason,.... Any mod questions, ask them.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am talking with Selene/Toykeeper. Hopefully we can collaborate. So far I have only used Dr. Jones UI. Would be great to expand the possibilities.

She's the right person to talk to for sure--- She's responsible for many of the UI/ programmable drivers we know today

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Bad News: Modded optics gives a better than than the stock but throw actually went down 3K

Good News: Stock optics hit 37K so we gain 3K Lux
2nd Good News: All orders will get a small refund as modded optics is not needed

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UI on this light is quickly becoming my favorite of all UI's. It's my first light with it, but I immediately took to it, without any drama.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bad News: Modded optics gives a better than than the stock but throw actually went down 3K

Good News: Stock optics hit 37K so we gain 3K Lux
2nd Good News: All orders will get a small refund as modded optics is not needed

Are you going to use that same optics technique on the Solis?

cclin

Newly Enlightened
I think the Solis uses a different emitter, so probably a different optic would be called for. Or not..... LOL
I could be wrong, but Looks like the Solis just uses XPL-Hi & 10507 Carclo Lens. D4 uses XPL-Hi & 10621 Carclo Len.
20170823_124839.jpg

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had mine sent out to Vinh and had the offset board that helps smooth out the square-ish beam and had Nichia 219c 4000K put in.

Boy is this a lovely light!

Vinh, you may need to add another "tint lovers" spec to your list with offset board and 4000K 219c. What a beauty!

TCY

Enlightened
I had mine sent out to Vinh and had the offset board that helps smooth out the square-ish beam and had Nichia 219c 4000K put in.

Boy is this a lovely light!

Vinh, you may need to add another "tint lovers" spec to your list with offset board and 4000K 219c. What a beauty!

Have you got your vn flavour already? Vinh is still building mine and I can't wait for that R9050 4000K goodness:twothumbs

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you got your vn flavour already? Vinh is still building mine and I can't wait for that R9050 4000K goodness:twothumbs

Oh MAN! You are going to LOOOOVE it!!!!

Got back from vacation today and it was waiting at the door for me. Perfect tint. I thought it was going to be warmer, but it's perfectly neutral to my eyes. :thumbsup: