Hey bike people

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Getting closer everyone ty. I'm having trouble seeing it dang rim is in a way that I can get eyes close enough to see sporket and chain alignment. Kind of wish the sprocket was Shiney would be easier . Ps it crazy how close the sprockets are to each other. No room for error

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Used a bore scope damn it's right on teeth right in middle of chain. I'll test ride it tonight to hot for me now lol and to many humans outside

raggie33

*the raggedier*
We have non here sadly .. well in should say I don't see any ill google it now. Yesterday I did find out we have a bike trail in Alabama which I'm right on tge border in ga.

LEDphile

Enlightened
Not to get you to buy stuff, but an inexpensive bike stand is a great investment.
Indeed, although I've also had good luck with a strap looped under the saddle (an old inner tube works well) and a way to attach the other end of that strap to the ceiling (I've definitely just looped it over an exposed beam in a basement on occasion)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like to have the adjusters all the way in then install cable pinch bolt that way I can adjust for stretch both on brakes and derailleur. But I forget how to do most this and I'm used to Shimano. I like this microshift stuff so far but there is no adjuster on the shifters only on derailleur. Btw should it's Clutch be on or off.. I will do off road but mostly light stuff I won't be jumping off ledges I'm way to old lol
I use a sharpie on each side of the pinch bolt to see if it moves.

Yeah bikes shops are getting scarce unless in the big city.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I just emailed ozark trail I told them I think the derailleur don't have the range for a 9 speed cassette.even says 8 speed on the derailleur website.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just emailed ozark trail I told them I think the derailleur don't have the range for a 9 speed cassette.even says 8 speed on the derailleur website.
+

Do you get the 9 clicks from the shifter?

,,,if not

8 speed 11~32 will give great range

if you do get the 9 clicks and you just cannot get it to work,, then a 9 speed derailleur

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Yep 9 speed . I think they just made a mistake changing deraliers they came with a ltwo deralier at first then switched to microshift 8 speed I guess they assumed it would work. But the good news is the microshift stuff is way better if they matched it better I would be happy to loose one gear low is crazy low on it

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep 9 speed . I think they just made a mistake changing deraliers they came with a ltwo deralier at first then switched to microshift 8 speed I guess they assumed it would work. But the good news is the microshift stuff is way better if they matched it better I would be happy to loose one gear low is crazy low on it
take it back...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
It's to hard to get it back to local store it came on a fedex truck from walmart.com. I'll figure it out or just not go into 9th gear the 9 speed derailleur isn't to bad in price. Hect even a 11 speed cassette and derailleur and shifter isn't to awful bad but I don't need that many gears

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Greasy wheel gets the grease literally contacted walmart at first no help I said OK no problem cancel my walmart plus membership and I'll now shop at target they send me to new dept chat they gave me a 86 dollar refund and a 25 dollar gift card lol. OK now I need to find the replacement for the wrong derailleur. So far the microshift advent is what I'm thinking it's a 9 speed and should bolt right on .. woohoo today is a good day lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Lol it's 92 bucks now not sure why she said 86. So 92 plus the gift card I'm ahead rofl

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ty I'm so glad now I'm deciding if I should just upgrade to 11speedill think about it and do research I imagine seeing up 11 speeds on one cassette will be dang hard since there so close to each other may just stay at 9 then upgrade brakes to Shimano disc hydraulic.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ty I'm so glad now I'm deciding if I should just upgrade to 11speedill think about it and do research I imagine seeing up 11 speeds on one cassette will be dang hard since there so close to each other may just stay at 9 then upgrade brakes to Shimano disc hydraulic.
+

stop!
9 speed, all sorted out, will be fine

You can always get a different cassette or chain ring if you need more gearing options.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Cool I have the 9 speed in cart . Also took the hero rakes off ebike and put them on this bike just to see if they will work omg night and day lol can't believe they still use cable brakes today lol. It will cost like 90 bucks to go with Shimano. Or 44 to go with zoom. But the zooms rears pipes are to short. May just go hydro in front and normally back .

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
stay with 9, and leave brakes alone.