wHerE r all the strange people!!!!

Poppy

Flashaholic
Fifteen miles from NYC today

1697935021072.png

It's a shame that it was so overcast today or the pictures would have been more vibrant.

1697935764768.png

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
We're almost done with our usual 2 weeks of Autumn before it transitions into Winter. Although the last two Winters were very mild. And, I hope this one will be too. Wouldn't mind 12 months of relatively mild Winter. But not a child anymore. I can't stand snow. Today it rained on and off for a good chunk of the morning. Just picture what a nightmare it would have been if that rain had been snow.
I'm sure you remember the winter of 1995-6 when we had over 75 inches. I remember we had so much we were running out of places to shovel it. The front yard had piles of snow like 4 feet high. NYC snowfall totals by year.

You might be out of luck this year as far as the snow goes.

Yeah, good thing some of the heavy rains this year we've had happened when it was above freezing. That 6+" we had a few weeks ago would have been 5 or 6 feet of snow. It looks pretty, but it's a pain to shovel, plus it makes a mess when it starts melting.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm sure you remember the winter of 1995-6 when we had over 75 inches. I remember we had so much we were running out of places to shovel it. The front yard had piles of snow like 4 feet high. NYC snowfall totals by year.

You might be out of luck this year as far as the snow goes.

Yeah, good thing some of the heavy rains this year we've had happened when it was above freezing. That 6+" we had a few weeks ago would have been 5 or 6 feet of snow. It looks pretty, but it's a pain to shovel, plus it makes a mess when it starts melting.
I've noticed that whenever I EDC anything that's not a knife or flashlight, I never use it. I stop EDCing it, and almost immediately need it. That's why I'll always have lip-balm on me.... And a collapsable snow-shovel in the trunk of my car. Got a really good one over 15 years ago at a deluxe car-wash. Still as capable as ever. Though the "edge" has seen better days.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
We're almost done with our usual 2 weeks of Autumn before it transitions into Winter. Although the last two Winters were very mild. And, I hope this one will be too. Wouldn't mind 12 months of relatively mild Winter. But not a child anymore. I can't stand snow. Today it rained on and off for a good chunk of the morning. Just picture what a nightmare it would have been if that rain had been snow.

I will miss the snow.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I will miss the snow.
In some parts of America, it snows practically year round.
Imagine going to a car dealership and the only things on their lot are either AWD or 4WD vehicles, because they couldn't even give away FWD vehicles since it snows so much.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have some years in SWVA that it seems like the snow is never gonna stop. Not necessarily a ton of snow but when you are getting hit into late March you just need a break.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
In some parts of America, it snows practically year round.
Imagine going to a car dealership and the only things on their lot are either AWD or 4WD vehicles, because they couldn't even give away FWD vehicles since it snows so much.

From what I heard having snow tires is more important than AWD in general

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I heard having snow tires is more important than AWD in general
Well, yeah, if you have summer tires on, it won't matter what kind of drive you have, you aren't going to get any traction. Run "all seasons" in the spring, summer, fall and winter tires in the winter. It's an extra expense, and changing and storage is a hassle, but much better control.