How do all you all get from point a to b? How do you get around?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I figure with all the trans thread I'd ask. Me I use a 2023 Honda rebel or my e-bikes or just walk. I like walking if things are less than a mile away. So what about you all. ?

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_0239.gif

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I figure with all the trans thread I'd ask.
Well, plenty of Trans. folks in my neck of the woods. Though I wouldn't recommend hoping on their backs and asking for a ride. They tend to get confused and upset if you do that. 😉

But in all seriousness, daily tasks such as shopping, going to the bank, post office, etc. I just walk. There's a shopping center nearby.

Any place else, including my 3rd shift job, I rely on my ultra-reliable 2009 Mazda 6 V6 sSport trim sedan to get me there, and back.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
During warm weather months, a little Chevy Colorado with a 2.8L 4 cylinder. Great gas mileage and I swear it feels like a V6 compared to my older Chevy S10 pickups that I used to have with the 2.2L.

Winter time, the little truck gets stored in the garage and I use a Ford F-150 V8 4x4 ... and I had her in 4WD a couple of times over the last few days with all of this snow. It's a bit older and still has the manual stick on the floor for shifting into and out of 4WD on the fly, which I much prefer over the electronic switch. With a cap on the back and an air mattress, it's perfect for camping.

Brokenarrow

Newly Enlightened
Depending on the weather and where I am going-

2003 Chevy Avalanche- 4wd, 13 mpg, worst mpg but my daily
2007 Nissan Xterra- 4wd, designated fishing vehicle
2009 Cadillac DTS- Nice weather driver

Live in the country nothing is walking distance and thats just the way we like it.

All are in pristine, original condition.

In the order of most driven -
IMG_2118.JPG

1994 Astro, aka White Horse, for handyman work, grocery getting, light hauling, etc. MPG = :poop:

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_1523.jpeg

Lincoln Continental, aka White Pony, is driven for transporting three or more passengers and/or comfort. MPG = :poop:

IMG_4489.JPG

Cadillac STS, aka Red Pony, is driven for fun. It's rarely driven in the rain. MPG = Who cares? It doesn't matter. 😁
IMG_0557.jpeg

Happy owner sporting a Stop the Hate - Get a V8 T-shirt.

IMG_8731.JPG

1974 Chevy 3/4 Ton Pick Up, aka Red Horse, is driven when the heavy hauling needs doin. MPG = Whatever the 454 cid needs. If the horse doesn't eat, the horse doesn't work. GIDDY UP!

NH Lumens

Enlightened
View attachment 56454
Cadillac STS, aka Red Pony, is driven for fun. It's rarely driven in the rain. MPG = Who cares? It doesn't matter. 😁
2010 Cadillac CTS-4 purchased in 2021 with 4,261 miles on the odometer (estate sale for Iowa). It now has about 17k but is not driven in the winter (I travel by rickshaw in the NH winters);

mgpcovers-9.jpg

cts4-2023-1.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o i thought it was the 4 cylinder turbo ther fast awd is cool to

bykfixer

Flashaholic
LPC's... well played bike, well played!!!
The boots literally had about 300 miles on them when I retired them. A 2 mile bridge project I walked at least twice a day for nearly two years.

The "locker board" (28") skateboard was used to make a small grocery run, travel a mile or two like when I dropped off my car at a repair shop. Stuff like that. I no longer ride a skateboard though. The photo was taken while riding down hills with my girlfriend (now wife) her sister and brother in law.

The bike is a restored 5 speed 1975 Schwinn Collegiate camel back frame prior to a new coat of paint and decals.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
About five months ago I decided it was time to give my ten year old Elantra GT to my son. Sort of hated to do it since it had low miles, but he needed a better car. Decided to take the plunge to hybrid and got a KIA Niro. I'm always trying to drive efficiently (like an old man according to my wife). So far I'm happy. It has at least as much scoot as the old Elantra, and it's been fun trying to stay in electric mode as much as I can. I've averaged about 50 mpg. since getting it. Hope it keeps making me smile.

Geoff

Niro2.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
50 is insane for a suv! my honda rebel 500 only got 58 mpg last time. and you almost get that inna big vehicle ! man tech has come so far