How do you get your drinking water?

The Hawk

Enlightened
I get mine straight from the faucet. Our drinking water here in Louisville, KY is rated as some of the best in the nation. I drink about 3/4 gallon every day. I have seen what happens due to lack of drinking water every day.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always used PUR faucet mount filters when the kids were growing up. Then a few years ago I took it off, I don't remember why, worn out or the filter expired and I never got around to getting a new one, I don't know. Now, I just get city water straight from the tap, but would like to get another filter system. Also want a Berkey, but undecided whether to get a metal one, or a plastic one.

"You either have a filter, or you ARE the filter."

Poppy

Flashaholic
For years we had a faucet mounted "Water Pik" filter. One day the knob snapped off. I took the unit apart, and it was a simple twist valve that would be easy to replace.

I wrote the company asking for the replacement part, and I'd buy four filters from them so that it would be worth their while to get a valve and send it to me. Instead, they sent me a whole new package, complete with a filter. And told me that they appreciate my business, and to just buy the filters locally. As a result, I'd never hesitate to recommend a
Water Pik product.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
We had a "water pik" tooth cleaner for years. It was great. I really should replace it.

But not long ago I was at a class at one of the company offices in an old part of a town I couldn't get away from fast enough. Instead of using a water service they have a jug of filtered water in the fridge. It was one of those 5x filters they show on tv. I suppose I'm a water taste snob now but the water in that jug tasted awful to me. Now all those metro-sexual vegan's drink Starbuck's latte' all day so they probably don't care, but I was thinking "this stuff tastes like poisonous chemical laden lead pipe water".

I don't mind water straight from the garden hose at my house but I sure don't want to ever have to drink tap water from Charlottesville again.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I don't recall my tap water having a taste. But since the town flushed the hydrant lines, maybe it's in my head, but the water has a taste. It also seems to have a texture.

Actually I don't drink a lot of tap water except that I make coffee with it in the morning, and I'll consume usually about 6 Mr. Coffee cups (which I think are only 5 oz cups).

Maybe I'll try the in the fridge filtered water for a bit. I recently replaced the filter.

For years we had a faucet mounted "Water Pik" filter. One day the knob snapped off. I took the unit apart, and it was a simple twist valve that would be easy to replace.

I wrote the company asking for the replacement part, and I'd buy four filters from them so that it would be worth their while to get a valve and send it to me. Instead, they sent me a whole new package, complete with a filter. And told me that they appreciate my business, and to just buy the filters locally. As a result, I'd never hesitate to recommend a
Water Pik product.

Nice. 👍👍

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have the best water in town, until they built a log cabin two doors down 10 years ago now.
They hydro fractured to get water, and ruined my pristine supply of good drinking water.
i use a Brita Faucet filter for all drinking and food related cooking. A filter used to last 12
months, and now needs replacing every 6 months. More lime than iron in this part.

Tap water and well water over the years. Top of the line filter, but not RO. That is a bit over the top in most cases and the minerals in the water tend to be good for you.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is why I went Brita faucet mounted. It filters out the gunk/sediment, but leaves pleasant tasting water to drink.
I actually have a whole house canister filter yet to be installed. It will remove most of the larger well water sediments that affect every water consuming appliance, especially tanked water heaters.
Little floaties in bath tub water, ooowwwgh, not for my liking, never happened before next next door neighbor hydro fractured.
On the cheap fix, a piece pantyhose filtered out all of the sediments.
The water is still very good to drink from faucet, but now it is a lot harder than previously before our well supply got integrated with the bad. Actually looked into legal action, but was quickly shut down.

Poppy

Flashaholic
We have a kitchen faucet with a pull out spray handle that doesn't lend itself to the "On the faucet filter"
1696675479977.png

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use 5 filter system with RO, and a tank, from ispring water. to be honest i never checked it against tap water for anything, except when frozen tap water turns into frosted ice, with top surface rough, filtered water stays clean even frozen with smooth top surface.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I'm on the road for my job most of the time. My fav. is usually getting ice from the hotel ice machine and letting it melt. All of the hotels I've stayed in have some sort of filter before the ice machine, and the way commercial ice machines form ice tends to cause the impurities to get flushed down the drain.

At my temporary condo, I'm the first customer straight from the water plant so I have a carbon filter and that's it.

Having worked at hotel during college... that's gonna be a hard NO.

The filter is there, but I NEVER saw the freezing 'grid' cleaned. Ice machines can be unbelievably nasty.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

The filter is there, but I NEVER saw the freezing 'grid' cleaned. Ice machines can be unbelievably nasty.
Plus, everyone else that gets ice, potentially exposes everyone else to infectious agents. One person with a Noro virus...:eek::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

TPA

Enlightened

I agree that ice machines can be nasty.. You're not wrong. I've maintained them and at one place I worked, there was only ONE ice machine I'd get my ice from -- the one I maintained...and that wasn't the one the restaurant used.

Fortunately, most of the time I'm staying at Marriots, and they DO keep them clean...yes... I check.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I used a 3M RO system when in Connecticut. Worked well.

Since moving to Mississippi I just use the 5 gallon delivered spring water jugs for all drinking/coffee/tea, etc. Have 12 of those jugs I use in rotation in case there is an emergency.