• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ENDED! Katokichi Ichishiki-B, KI-B is here, NEW body

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the picture of the, hard anodized, KI-B with a CR123 x 1 barrel. All the little parts are being hard anodized this week. It is hard to see the hard anodize is metallic olive-green with a golden tint. It is a very unique color.

The pictures are only fair and more are coming, I hope, tomorrow.

It looks like the right amount of KI-B kits were made. There are only two kits left.

kibcr2x1barrelwithhead6eb.jpg

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the right amount of KI-B kits were made. There are only two kits left.

Does this mean I can buy one of these? If so I will take one.

Ken

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD...ALL OF THEM.

It looks like I spoke too soon on my post above. The last two KI-B kits, pending payments, are sold out. Thank you everyone.

Last edited:

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is the current state of the KI-B project. It is a picture of the test light and bare tubes. The inside of the light has been chemkoted for increased electrical connection and corrosion resistance. The pictures are sad looking; the pictures do not do the anodize color any justice. I understand the anodize color will look like the Maxlite color.

The KI-B kit comes with the head and three bodies and the excellent wide-range converter. The KI-B kit will include CR123A (or RCR123A), 2xCR123A (2xRCR123A) and 1xAA (14500 Li-Ion) battery tubes and a wallet to hold the head and accessories.

The lights are being anodized in sets of three or nine pieces at a time to minimize the chance of color variations is what I understand.

A better emitter for the light could be in the project. The emitter, if used, would have more brightness. And better brightness and tint consistency as the batteries run down. The emitters arrived just in time; it is as if the emitters were designed for the KI-B light. They arrived today and need to be tested more. No extra charge on your end if we use them, OK?

The KI-B project is still moving and getting close to completion. It is a big project.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Possible better emitters! Brighter, better tint over batt. life :rock: !! But the question,...what kind/bin emmiter??? I'm sure the best option will be chosen for the application, runtime graphs are pretty impressive already, can't wait!!!:popcorn:

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't you like a good mystery story? You have to find out. I can't tell you. The emitters are looking good so far. If the emitters were toads then you wouldn't want that in your light.

Like the government says...trust me. I've steered you right before. :)

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe better emitters in KI-B? :huh: TrueBlue your updates just keep getting better and better! :rock:

I`ll keep my fingers crossed! And my toes too!

Ken

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mysteries are good, so is the suspence and anticipation that goes along with it, making the end that much better. Like I said, I trust the best decision for the project will be made.
Now, toads for emmiters.....what will they think of next??!!:thinking: :crackup:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
:popcorn: After all this popcorn, I'm thirsty for an update or better yet, some photos!! What have you got TrueBlue?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol...I've given Mike a poke for an update. He promised one soon.

I understand the anodizing will be finished at the end of the week. Then the laser engraver will do their job for a week.

Mike will surely be here if I posted wrong information, right? I'll see if I can pull a picture from Mike.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my Maxlite. Whooo, hoo! Letcha know what's up when the sun goes down! Sure is a purdy lite though!!

Karlthev

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
No fair! Maxlites are faster processing rather than KI-B. I have kept in mind that KI-B has couple pieces and it take bit longer processing. I have to wait patiently for KI-B. :hairpull: ;)

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
karlthev said:
Just got my Maxlite. Whooo, hoo! Letcha know what's up when the sun goes down! Sure is a purdy lite though!!

Karlthev

Let me tell you, it rocks! For a light that runs on a regular AA cell, it is soooo bright! It feels good in the hand-nice and hefty. :rock: