Eneloop & Enduro LSD Duration Testing

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Tom's Eneloop duration testing is showing an average of 4% loss in capacity a month for three months, so far. What is he doing different?

Bill

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bill,

One difference is that I am discharging at 0.5 amps. I don't think that is enough of a change to make a difference...

We will have to see what Jonathan comes up with at 90 days for comparison.

Tom

LumensUK

Newly Enlightened
The most significant item in differing eneloop results may turn out to be storage temperature. Sanyo encloses printed information in eneloop packs recommending storage temperatures between -20C/-4F and +30C/+86F. Note that quite low recommended maximum storage temperature.

The usually quoted information for NIMH batteries is self-discharge doubles with every 10 degree C, 18 degree F increase in temperature.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Eneloop & Enduro LSD Duration Testing (60 days update)

*** 60 days Update ***
After two months of data, we finally got something substantial.
The remaining capacity of the Eneloop & Enduro finally surpass the 2500 mAh cells.
It seems like the self discharge of the LSD cells are tapering off, while the regular cells (like the bunny) are "still going".

Some other interesting data is that the average voltage is starting to show sign of degradation for the normal cells while the LSD cells changes are in the noise level.
Eneloop voltage underload is trully remarkable. Even after two months of resting the average voltage is above 1.2V

There is something weird about the Ti-2600 (60 days non-frozen) data. There is a relatively large capacity drop when compared to the 30 days data. I will have to mark this cell and retest the case.

As the resting period increase, and the test go on, my # of free cells have dwindle. So the frequency of update for these data will also slow down abit.

cumulativechartbx2.jpg

capacitylossjj7.jpg

Last edited: