eneloop with charger / adapter (Costco) package

fmc1

Enlightened
They are now offering a 10 dollar manufactures rebate at checkout on this package. So the cost is 20 dollars out the door.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are now offering a 10 dollar manufactures rebate at checkout on this package. So the cost is 20 dollars out the door.

Yep, that's the price they've had them at since mid-November, if I remember right. I picked a set up then. I immediately tried the D-adapters in an old incandescent Maglite. I ran it for about an hour with no trouble at all.

I happened to be at my local Costco today and saw they had two pallets of them. Hopefully that gets a lot of regular folks to discover how much better NiMH is than alkalines.

mjgillen

Newly Enlightened
I saw these at my local Costco (Sandy Eggo) today however before purchasing thought I'd see what y'all think 'cuz I'm a noob and don't want to carelessly either throw my money away or buy a fire starter. Probably pop by and pick one up although I'm pretty new at this and don't have but one real flashlight on the way to me (SureFire 6PX Pro).

Michael

ProfJim

Newly Enlightened
The SureFire 6PX Pro uses two 123A, 3 volt batteries and this thread is about the eneloop 1.2 volt NiMH charger and battery package.

If you want AA and/or AAA batteries for other devices, by all means, buy the Costco kit.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, for Canadians, Eneloops are finally back in the Costco stores. Only bundled with a BQ-CC17 charger, though. Charger + 4 AA's + 4 AAA's is $27 IIRC. Couldn't resist picking up some more that I totally do not need. I like the charger, too. Slow, but reliable.

The larger packs of 16 AA's and 12 AAA's are still on-line at costco.ca, but it's been awhile since I've seen them on sale.

For Americans, $27 Canadian is about $0.99 US, so great deal! ;)

Poppy

Flashaholic
I bought a set about a month ago @ $29.99. I thought that it would make a nice gift.
Today January 30, 2018, I was in the store, and they had them @ $19.99 with a limit of three.
I bought three.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a set about a month ago @ $29.99. I thought that it would make a nice gift.
Today January 30, 2018, I was in the store, and they had them @ $19.99 with a limit of three.
I bought three.

Hi Poppy,

I was in the Boca Raton Costco and they were indeed $19.99, so the same price as you note.

I figure that a quad of Gen. 5 AA Eneloops delivered, would be $10-$12, so $15-$18 for 6. Add another $10 for a quad of AAAs and we've got a good deal.

The charger, the adapters and the case are just freebies, IMO.

Chris

PJ

Enlightened
I was in the Costco in Livonia,MI on Middlebelt Rd. March 19 and these were $19.99 . I don't recall if this was a sale with an end date.
Costco product number is 1185756

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in the Costco in Livonia,MI on Middlebelt Rd. March 19 and these were $19.99 . I don't recall if this was a sale with an end date.
Costco product number is 1185756
Super deal, almost worth visiting a costco for, but you risk walking out with a lot more.

fmc1

Enlightened
The Westbury NY store has this set back in stock again. Today was the first time I saw them since the end of February. The price is 30 dollars at least for now. I wish they brought back the 10 packs of blue AA's, I would have walked out with a few of those.

Frank

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
So is this almost the same as CC-17 and the usb feature is for charging cellphone conventionally?

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, specs on the BQ-CC75 charger are basically the same as on the BQ-CC17 - it's slow, but it charges the cells individually. From pictures, I think it's a little bit larger than the CC17, but haven't seen dimensions.

It can provide 1A out through the USB only when plugged into AC power. It can not use the batteries as a powerbank. If it is charging batteries when you plug a USB cable in, it will stop charging the batteries and switch to providing power out through the USB.

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
What is 1A?

So in laymans term the function of of the usb in cc75 is just head that connect the cable thru a cellphone.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
1A = 1 amp. That's the electrical current the USB port on the BQ-CC75 can supply: Twice the charge as the original USB standard, but half the current that Quick Charge compliant chargers can supply. A typical smartphone would fully charge from that port in 2-4 hours.

I think you're getting at the right concept in layman's terms.

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
Thanks iamlucky13

is this available again at costco at $30 plus the discount?

If eneloop makes a charger with a powerbank feature, this will be the coolest, handiest powerbank ever.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
If eneloop makes a charger with a powerbank feature, this will be the coolest, handiest powerbank ever.

I don't know of any chargers that can operate as a powerbank when using NiMH cells. It would be great, but they seem to just support USB out if using lithium-ion. I guess the voltage boost is a lot easier with lithium-ion.

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
Ah ok. But if its possible it will be a game changer. Just bring a charger a lots of nimh cells. By the way can i connect a solar powerbank and power this charger?

Last edited:

fmc1

Enlightened
They are now giving a 6 dollar manufactures rebate at checkout. So it's 23.99 but you pay sales tax on the 29.99 price. This time it clearly says limit 3. Last year the rebate was 10 dollars, but I still think it's a good deal.

Frank

Latest posts