Exciting end of the year purchases

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I have coming in the mail some builders items. I have a P60 drop in with a large voltage range to be paired in a 3P body. I havent decided if I am going with momentary tail cap or clicky. I also got an extension for my 6P to give it an extra cell. Anyone else have any exciting buildings they would like to talk about?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not this year but one year there were a bunch of 6P flashlights all over eBay where an old cache had been discovered. Back then we figured a connex full had been sold at a military auction or similar. Each day a different seller would pop up with "more than 10 available" for less than the last guy. I saw $28 and started buying. On New Years Eve day I had taken a vow to stop buying so many flashlights. I bought 2 at first, then 2 more a few hours later, then 2 more around 11pm. Still not satisfied I bought a PowerTac PK Warrior 2 from their web store with like 1 minute to go.

On New Years Day I checked eBay out of habit and saw a seller listing 6P's for $25😱. Resolution? What resolution? I bought 6 more. 👍. I didn't even make it until noon before that resolution was broken.

That year was practice for the next year when I truely curtailed flashlight purchases.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
So unfortunately my 3P project failed. The LED drop in that I got can't run on 123 primaries and isn't as bright as dropping the drop in a 6P or 9P when using an RCR123. I need to find a P60L drop in that can handle the voltage of 123 primaries. Back to the drawing board.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to find a P60L drop in that can handle the voltage of 123 primaries. Back to the drawing board.
I've been running Lumens Factory D26-LED Module, 2.7V-4.5V 3 Mode on 2xNiMH, and it is plenty bright. It's designed for one CR123A or one Li-ion cell. I don't think the stated current draw is accurate on the product page. At least the one I have seems to draw about 1.6A on high. I got it with the Cree XP-L Warm White 90 CRI. I can't be more satisfied with the color temperature, around 3000K, but the XP-L looks more like incan to me than the Nichia 219B 3000K I have in another light. Maybe it's a little cooler, 3200K, and that could account for it.

Last edited:

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I've been running Lumens Factory D26-LED Module, 2.7V-4.5V 3 Mode on 2xNiMH, and it is plenty bright. It's designed for one CR123A or one Li-ion cell. I don't think the stated current draw is accurate on the product page. At least the one I have seems to draw about 1.6A on high.
I think I will try this first, dont get me wrong I can always use more malkoffs, this is just a good place to start. Thank you guys for your input.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens Factory incan modules are only 15 bucks. The HO-4 would work on 3V, but it's for 3.7V, but Mark builds the incan modules to order, and if you request it he may be able to do 3V for you. Just saying, if you're going to order one thing, might as well pad the order and save on shipping. Definitely look around the site before pulling the trigger. I make that mistake every time, forget to order something I wanted.