Favorite Buget light.

ven

Flashaholic
Its a decent light IL, honestly cant fault it . Nice warm tint, simple UI with the 3 mode option(cant be doing with disco stuff) and a good happy medium throw/spill in a solid host. Only issues i have found with convoy are where you buy from , there are fakes/copies about that have similar build/quality to *****fire . My last purchase from banggood was a fake, iirc early last year and dont think i have ordered much since. Got my money back due to this and breaking pretty much straight away(m1).

Best and safest options are from mtn electronics/ simon off ali express.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Its a decent light IL, honestly cant fault it . Nice warm tint, simple UI with the 3 mode option(cant be doing with disco stuff) and a good happy medium throw/spill in a solid host. Only issues i have found with convoy are where you buy from , there are fakes/copies about that have similar build/quality to *****fire . My last purchase from banggood was a fake, iirc early last year and dont think i have ordered much since. Got my money back due to this and breaking pretty much straight away(m1).

Best and safest options are from mtn electronics/ simon off ali express.
Ok thanks again Ven. I'll check out those venders because I really don't want to get the inferior work-up type item. Btw, I was able to do a resistor mod on my Convoy L6 and went from 3800 lumens to 4500 lumens. I was thinking of the SD mod next but the tint is sooo ideal right now that I might just leave it be. Oh, got the Convoy L6 for $48. since we're on the budget thread.

Blackbeard

Enlightened
can anybody point me to a USA vendor with a $10 ish single A, clickie light. getting headache going through all the amazon pages. had given my mom a fenix e11 and she must have had an alkaline in it or the electronics fried themselves, cant really tell, but theres damage on intererior, but she needs another light.

I cant bring myself to part with any of my numerous lights, and only have a xeno aa clickie, but I like it also lol and dont want it destroyed by non rechargables.

PM me link if its not permitted to post it here, thx

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Check out the thrunite T10 , alloy version, 3 mode with a moon and not much over budget................really is a great light for the money imo.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
can anybody point me to a USA vendor with a $10 ish single A, clickie light. getting headache going through all the amazon pages. had given my mom a fenix e11 and she must have had an alkaline in it or the electronics fried themselves, cant really tell, but theres damage on intererior, but she needs another light.

I cant bring myself to part with any of my numerous lights, and only have a xeno aa clickie, but I like it also lol and dont want it destroyed by non rechargables.

PM me link if its not permitted to post it here, thx

It's your mom Dawg! Don't cheap out like that. Will it kill you to cough up $20 for the lady who changed your ****** diapers?
Get her a Convoy and a 4 pack of lithiums for Petes sake.

My new favorite budget light.

The 1aa Pelican 2350.
$25 with lifetime guarentee against failures and breakage. Kinda hard to beat that.

Last edited:

Blackbeard

Enlightened
It's your mom Dawg! Don't cheap out like that. Will it kill you to cough up $20 for the lady who changed your ****** diapers?
Get her a Convoy and a 4 pack of lithiums for Petes sake.

yes, I'm out of work, thats why I'm asking the question in the budget forum LOL. anyway I gave her my new Jet-U

Loomun

Newly Enlightened
I bought a budget light once from Dxsoul, the Ultrafire C1, I got lucky and got a good one, some of friends ordered the same light and there`s was toast out of the box, it`s a gamble buying a budget light.

retr0sp3kt

Newly Enlightened
I love the Boruit z8 (also seen it stamped bell + howell tac light, militac, weeshop x800, shadowhawk x800, alonefire, streamlight (xml-t6), lumitact G700). For $20 (CAD) locally I've picked up 3 of these so far, with 4 unbranded ones coming from ebay at $5 each now.
cree1600.jpg

I've put them through EDC in construction, longboarding (and a few high speed drops), mild use as a blunt striking object, and most recently 2 metres deep in a river (had to dry it out after, but it kept shining the whole time it was submerged). The heads tend to loosen up after a while, the paint doesn't last when stored with keys, and concrete dust does a number on the lens, but at the price (and they throw in a 3xAAA adapter, at least for the boruit), I haven't found a better light.

brisco

Newly Enlightened
The hugsby xp-2 is a great 2 AAA flashlight. I have used one for work for a year now. It's super bright and $5 on aliexpress. There is a lot of fake hugsby xp-2 on there also. Hard to spot the difference. It's in the pocket clip. But seller will picture a genuine hugsby and send a fake. The fake ones are easier to mod though.

brisco

Newly Enlightened
You could consider the Coast HP1.
Not exactly budget but I bought a coast Hp3r. I like it but paid too much for it. Like the fact that it's rechargeable by micro USB and it can take regular AAA batteries.

tops2

Enlightened
Right now I'm liking my Eagle Eye X6 HI version with neutral led for when used outside. The price is so cheap but the light feels so solid!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
[h=1]Convoy C8 LED Flashlight[/h] - U6 3A, great light, cost less than USD20. Amazing thrower.

Boko

Newly Enlightened
My favourite budget light is also my favourite cost-no-object light:The Maglite Solitaire Incan. It can't be beaten for the nocturnal call of nature no matter how much you spend. Mine gets used every night and I can't say that about any other of my lights.:grin2:

zieloczek100

Newly Enlightened
My favorite budget flashlight?

Securitying 700
Why? This is the first torch which I have built;)