February 2012, FLaSHLiGHTS You BouGHT THiS MoNTH?

sigsoup

Newly Enlightened
as of Monday the 20th i purchased a quark 1232 tactical 360 lumens and a preon 2 ti r5 . but the rubber washer in the crystal has came loose and is hanging out is there a way take the crystal off and put the oring back in for the quark 1232 tactical or do i need to send it back to 4 sevens? other then that i'm looking at the olight m20 warrior!!!

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I can't remember if I got my Surefire 6P in the beginning of Feb or the end of Jan... I picked up a Surefire 9P (Incan) early this month with plans for a high-CRI or XM-L drop-in. The 6P will get a green LED drop-in. I have a Surefire LX2 on order and may be picking it up tomorrow. A week ago my Solarforce head arrived to replace the nytrolon head on my Surefire G2, which will also likely get a drop-in of some sort.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Traded or bought:

A2-YG (Awesome light BTW!)
Inova X-2 on sale at Target
4th Gen. L1-White
Petzyl Byte (Because it runs on lithiums...needed a headlamp I could stash in my FAK w/o worries of it leaking/being dead, etc.)

I think that's it???

EDIT:

Almost forgot...got 3 new G2-Bks' at my exchange...they had them for $25 since they're being discontinued!

Last edited:

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered an eagletac G25C2. Hope it arrives within 2 weeks! Yay

Also a TK35 is coming for my brother :)

davyro

Enlightened
...Wow, nice buy. I bet you are eagerly awaiting it! I thought I was lavish buying another HDS, but that must have run you up a fair bill. How do you even find them to buy (in case I ever get an itchy trigger finger), im guessing you just have to keep looking of forums/sales etc for a good one?

No i just ordered it straight from Don,he is still building them,so i'm the original owner of mine.I've got it now & it's a great light but i'm going for an HDS hi-cri when Henry starts shipping them again.

S1LVA

Enlightened
I went flashlight crazy this month...

LX2
TorchLab tri-XP-E neutral 1x18650
Brass Knurly EDC neutral
Haiku hi CRI
Sundrop head

I think I am good for the year!

S1LVA
:wave:

D_for_David

Newly Enlightened
i was about to buy the tk35 but few places are sold out...kinda felt like it was a sign. so i ended up with the klarus xt11. im pretty new to flashlights but im getting hooked...same with knives...:)

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
February so far... If the Xtar's arrive in the next few days, March should be bare except for the Sunwayman M11R and if they come out then, R01A, V10R Ti+ and V11R.

d83a5866-1455-21b9.jpg

ficklampa

Newly Enlightened
I am hours away from ordering a Surefire 3BL, which will be a little project of mine. Will try and convert it to a 3P LED... If everything works out. If not, then I just have another flashlight :)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a Maglite 2D Lime from member Monkeboy, it will be my 12th color of 2D. It should arrive within a few days.

yifu

Enlightened
Not much...
Just a Surefire C2HA host bored for 18650, with UCL lens and ZeroRez tailcap, a Kenji Quad XP-G S2 drop in at 5.6A with a 2T tint with Carlco tight optic, a Vinh 3.74A XML drop in, a FiveMega D26 1.5mm socket/reflector and 2 22W CL1794 bulbs. Oh, and a white Cerakote Solarforce L2T host as well.

Xacto

Enlightened
Got a Surefire G2 for 25€ in an online auction. The seller says that it has a metal bezel yet can not tell if it is LED or incan. :whistle: I am looking forward to receiving it and finding it out...... "Life is like a box of chocolates"... ;-)

Cheers
Thorsten

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
February is almost up!

Fenix LD12, Xtar S1, Xtar WK21...

d83a5866-eed6-86ae.jpg

JayDub

Newly Enlightened
i'm going for an HDS hi-cri when Henry starts shipping them again.

Do you have any details about Henry and if/when he's shipping Hi-Cri lights again? I placed an order almost a month ago, and have not heard a single word about the orderat all. To be honest I am highly frustrated about it at this point, but I don't know what to do. When order was placed, there was no mention of backorder/not shipping now, or anything.

I have sung the praises of Henry and HDS forever (based on reputation) and finally got $ to place an order... And have been met with silence, and a wait. Frustrating.

So what can you tell me, or where can you direct me about the delay? Thanks!

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Got a Surefire G2 for 25€ in an online auction. The seller says that it has a metal bezel yet can not tell if it is LED or incan. :whistle: I am looking forward to receiving it and finding it out...... "Life is like a box of chocolates"... ;-)

Cheers
Thorsten

I saw that one. definitely looked like the LED version :thumbsup: