US Made Flashlights . . .

HighlandRanger

Newly Enlightened
I have a lot of old Surefire . . . . but it seems like they lost their edge, have Maglites but their specs largely aren't current . . . recently purchased a Malkoff, very nice, Elzetta look nice as well so they are on the list.

Anyone ever heard of Sol-Tac? (https://www.soltacusa.com/shop/p/sol) - - - supposedly made in USA with what looks like good prices for the listed specs. Looks like they are out of Alabama. - Anyone try?

Any others I missed?

iacchus

Enlightened
It looks like those are just lights assembled to whatever spec from chinese parts. I'm happy to be corrected about that, I generally only carry US lights. Those look like the lights I used to build from components off Ali-E.

Which, I mean that's fine. If he offers actual product support, I suppose that's a decent option for some people. If I'm buying an Alabama light, that's not the one I'm looking at though.

Any others I missed?
So many. There's a lot of great US made lights. They tend to be pretty spendy pretty quick though. Modlight is popular and US (I think?) HDS, Dawson Machinecraft, Torchlab, OKluma, CWF, bunch of little boutique brands that can be kinda hard to find in stock. I've been lazily chasing an OKluma for over a year now.

Last edited:

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
I feel really bad about forgetting Peak and Fraz now. Thanks. Those are both fairly available and in that price range of Malkoff and Elzetta.
I really need to get a Frazlabs light soon.
Love my new Malkoff and recently new Fraz. Such great instruments and both feel like the are nuclear bomb resistant.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
FrazLabs came to mind; glad you three mentioned it. People need to know that they utilize QTC material that conducts more (gets brighter) under pressure.

It does compress (losing the incredibly low output for me) if a lot of pressure is applied, but the flashlight still works. It will function without QTC; considered direct drive but there are designed-in resistance areas.

I use our Lumenite II every night as indoor lighting for an hour or more, and a QT-L every morning when the nights are longer (working days start at 5am). Plus middle of the night calls of nature.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
FrazLabs came to mind; glad you three mentioned it. People need to know that they utilize QTC material that conducts more (gets brighter) under pressure.

It does compress (losing the incredibly low output for me) if a lot of pressure is applied, but the flashlight still works. It will function without QTC; considered direct drive but there are designed-in resistance areas.

I use our Lumenite II every night as indoor lighting for an hour or more, and a QT-L every morning when the nights are longer (working days start at 5am). Plus middle of the night calls of nature.
I run most of my Fraz light without the QTC. Simple and bombproof

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bright Star Koeler (BSK) still has some US made lights.
Which ones?

Fulton is US made in Ohio, Streamlight has some models made in PA, some newer MagLites are awesomeness and beat the mods to older Mags hands down and for less money, then there is Tektite in NJ, and some others I can't remember.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you run protected or unprotected cells in yours. I know they don't have LVP. Just curious what everyone is using. I have had some interest in them for some time now

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a lot of old Surefire . . . . but it seems like they lost their edge, have Maglites but their specs largely aren't current . . . recently purchased a Malkoff, very nice, Elzetta look nice as well so they are on the list.

Anyone ever heard of Sol-Tac? (https://www.soltacusa.com/shop/p/sol) - - - supposedly made in USA with what looks like good prices for the listed specs. Looks like they are out of Alabama. - Anyone try?

Any others I missed?

Nothing about that site is USA anything

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm

Attachments

• 5D0A5F09-0072-46DB-94CC-3C29A08D2D6C.png
    5D0A5F09-0072-46DB-94CC-3C29A08D2D6C.png
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 15CDD901-37E8-447B-9F8A-00DF5FFB9BA9.png
    15CDD901-37E8-447B-9F8A-00DF5FFB9BA9.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 5A0A25DE-BA8C-4655-9BD3-C9125AC0AE7E.png
    5A0A25DE-BA8C-4655-9BD3-C9125AC0AE7E.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 48

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a bunch of flashlights "companies" like that no one's heard of, selling AliExpress lights as made or assembled in USA. Probably too small for the FTC to bother with. Can't remember the one that got the most attention, the one with the owner who creates fake profiles on messages boards.