Fenix CL30R

mcease022

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I just received my CL30R and it came with 3.6v 2600mah 18650's - Id like to have some spares to go along with these but am looking at some 3500mah for longer run times. The ones that are suggested by Fenix are the ARBL18 High-Capacity 18650 Battery - 3500mAh, but these are $21 a piece. A couple questions that I have are why are these so expensive, and are there any alternatives you would suggest with a lower price tag (but I do want to ensure quality and avoid budget batteries) I would like to stay with protected cells.

TIA!

parametrek

Enlightened
The main thing with the CL30R is the cells must be button top. The other main thing is where do you live? If europe then Nkon is your best source. If the US then I can help you out. The least expensive high capacity protected button tops are the LG MJ1 at Li-Ion Wholesale. They are $7.79 each if you are getting 3. Another option is the the LG F1L also at Li-Ion Wholesale. That cell is only 3350mAh but they are $6.37 at 3. Those are the best deals in my battery database.

mcease022

Newly Enlightened
The main thing with the CL30R is the cells must be button top. The other main thing is where do you live? If europe then Nkon is your best source. If the US then I can help you out. The least expensive high capacity protected button tops are the LG MJ1 at Li-Ion Wholesale. They are $7.79 each if you are getting 3. Another option is the the LG F1L also at Li-Ion Wholesale. That cell is only 3350mAh but they are $6.37 at 3. Those are the best deals in my battery database.

Thanks for the reply. Are the Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA a better battery than the LG MJ1? I dont mind the extra cost if they are. I am from Canada, so what kills me is the shipping. Any sources for batteries on my side of the border, or that doesnt charge such high shipping to Canada? If not I think I will just have to suck it up.

Thanks again.

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
"18650 KeepPower 3500mAh Sanyo NCR18650GA Protected Button Top" is a button top, protected Sanyo/Panasonic. I own a couple for a few lights. I also like the Samsung 35e.

You can find the keeppower one on illumn for 10.99. might find it cheaper elsewhere.

mcease022

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea about Canada sorry. Illumn does ship there though.

"18650 KeepPower 3500mAh Sanyo NCR18650GA Protected Button Top" is a button top, protected Sanyo/Panasonic. I own a couple for a few lights. I also like the Samsung 35e.

You can find the keeppower one on illumn for 10.99. might find it cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks to both of you. Illumn does seem to have better shipping rates to Canada. I may purchase a bunch to make shipping more worth while since they will work with my Olight m2x as well. Cheers!

Latest posts