Fenix E01

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ I meant to imply they seemed to have plenty of black.
ie they said "4" of one color, "9" of another type thing but "in stock" for black.

And Archi, I purchase vintage shades for the reason you cited. Bausch &Laumb Ray Bans, American Opticals from the 70's, early Maui Jims and Hobie from the 1980's.
Easy to find on eBay with no "knock off" issues.

My friends all pay lots of money for junk with a fancy name or as ZZ Top said "rhinstone shades" that are really just "cheap sunglasses" .lol

I like bragging to my Hells Accoutant type neighbors who sport new Harleys that I carry a "13" lumen flashlight.... style points with bikers.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from a camping trip to Yosemite and the only light I took with me was an E01

nbp

Flashaholic
Just got back from a camping trip to Yosemite and the only light I took with me was an E01

I love the E01 but that's just crazy. [emoji39] Three plus extra batteries is the minimum for any travel and camping I'd say four minimum! EDC, small backup EDC, high output, and headlamp.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha! No bobcats but we did see a marmot up on Half Dome and came across a bear on the trail. All of this talk of discontinuing the E01 has shaken me to the core. I haven't bought any backups, but the thought of it going away makes my palms sweaty. If they get discontinued my faith in humanity will be all but lost.
The Mag stayed at home?

Man, I'da had to have had at least a pair of EO1's and a pair of PKDL PL2's.... then an FL2 LE in case I needed to punch a bobcat in the face.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ I meant to imply they seemed to have plenty of black.
ie they said "4" of one color, "9" of another type thing but "in stock" for black.

And Archi, I purchase vintage shades for the reason you cited. Bausch &Laumb Ray Bans, American Opticals from the 70's, early Maui Jims and Hobie from the 1980's.
Easy to find on eBay with no "knock off" issues.

My friends all pay lots of money for junk with a fancy name or as ZZ Top said "rhinstone shades" that are really just "cheap sunglasses" .lol

I like bragging to my Hells Accoutant type neighbors who sport new Harleys that I carry a "13" lumen flashlight.... style points with bikers.

Dewalt makes tinted and polarized safety glasses. They are the only glasses so far to survive my kids. My wife thinks they look clunky, though.

--flatline

bykfixer

Flashaholic
What is the favorite color body?

I didn't really want to start another thread about it but was wondering which one folks prefer.

It looks like places are running/ran out of the blue, the purple and (what they call) orange. It seems there are plenty of black ones available. What they call olive is also in stock at some places, but gone at other places.

I like the olive btw. Seems it'll hide wear the longest of the colors available.

Oh, and has there been other colors over the years?

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
And even BETTER to see that some of the earliest adopters like you, are STILL advocates and lovers of this simple little light. Anyone new to the E01 should go back and read through Nascar's reviews and tests of the light. Great stuff. The E01 for me, is what the Arc AAA is to a lot of people.
I think my favorite is the Olive as well.
The Fenix E01 is an awesome light, for sure. Glad to see it's being rediscovered by others.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Here's a taste.
Note: these may be somewhere between page 1 to 10. If so I hope it's ok to repeat them on page 11.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?196078-My-Quick-Fenix-E01-Review
A nascar review

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?196564-Fenix-E01-Comparison-Review
A VT review

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?196504-Fenix-E01
A bunch of links (see post #40)

I like that when you only need 13 lumens but need a nice, flat output, you get all 13 for a good long time.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
If you want some real fun, I believe this to be the very first thread on the E01 here on CPF. Started before the light even started shipping! I fondly recall sitting in the lounge "studying" in the student union at UW-Milwaukee in 2008 reading that thread and then pre-ordering my orange E01 from Fenix Store as a broke college student! It's well worn but I still have that light a decade later, plus a few fresher ones. Quite a few given as gifts as well. May they never discontinue it!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?193197-Fenix-E01-any-info&

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love to see a pic of your first E01 nbp!
If you want some real fun, I believe this to be the very first thread on the E01 here on CPF. Started before the light even started shipping! I fondly recall sitting in the lounge "studying" in the student union at UW-Milwaukee in 2008 reading that thread and then pre-ordering my orange E01 from Fenix Store as a broke college student! It's well worn but I still have that light a decade later, plus a few fresher ones. Quite a few given as gifts as well. May they never discontinue it!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?193197-Fenix-E01-any-info&