Fenix E01

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
We really shouldn't be joking at a time like this Scout. I'm at a loss for words. Wait, no I'm not. The E01 has been like a son to me since I first got one. We've done all sorts of stuff together. Camped, fished, gone running, gone to the restroom late night, chased women, and sometimes just sat around talking about life. The E01 has always been there. Never let me down and was always a good friend to me even when I wasn't the greatest friend. I've lost my temper with the E01 more than once and done horrible things in the heat of the moment. Thrown him at walls, tossed him off a three story parking garage, and maybe worst of all attached him to fishing line and dragged him around the block with my car. E01 has never held it against me. I can't believe E01 is leaving me. Leaving US. I can't stand the thought of seeing a photo of E01 a handful of years from now on Ebay with a ridiculously high Buy It Now price. Makes me sick to my stomach. I may have more to say about all of this later.......but right now......I'm going to go have a drink. I'll holler at ya'll in a bit.
Maybe it's medical potting... :nana:

(I'll show myself out...)

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Fortunately, we're aware they're being phased out. And thankfully they're cheap enough that if you're so inclined you can put a few aside. Still a sad day...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Unfair comparison, as a VHS player requires a specific component (a VHS tape) to operate, whereas the Fenix E01 does not, other than the battery that's easily available everywhere in the world.

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
Fenix store still has some blue, gold and purple in stock for $10.95 before any discounts.

Thanks thau. They charge $15 shipping cost. I hope they sell at aliexpress for free international shipping to my country.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
I have a number of them around here. I don't think any of them get used. I think they are overhyped on the forums which accounts for their popularity. I found them to be nothing special...just an ugly purple beam. Your feelings may differ.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
At $48, maybe more with potting, doesn't this really take away one of the best things about the E01? That is, it's an inexpensive tough light?

Hey, it's great that vin offers this service, and I get that some people want it, but it's a cheap light turned into an expensive one. IMO, vin's services make more sense for an already expensive light.

If Fenix could charge $48 for an E01 with a better emitter, I'm sure they'd do it. But there can't be much interest at that price point, or the proposed group buy would have gone better.

That's another issue. If the price jumps significantly, then what's the point? I have a Fenix L0D Rebel 80 that I bought over a decade ago. It's basically an E01 with a reflector, just as tough, nearly as durable, and with a ton of output. Cost: $48.

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
it may have an ugly tint but it does the job. Also its affordable and so easy to use. And the best thing it is so indestructable. What other light that can last in 10years.

I have an olive color = the best color for e01.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
it may have an ugly tint but it does the job. Also its affordable and so easy to use. And the best thing it is so indestructable. What other light that can last in 10years.

I have an olive color = the best color for e01.

I do have to agree that they last a long time. I haven't had one break which is something I can't say for the E05.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I just swapped out a dead battery that was on life support when I put it in back in the spring.
Stuck a battery I use to pre-test lights I sell. It was the first tester cell I used when starting to pre-test lights sometime in early 2017.
We'll see how many months that one lasts....