• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fenix E01vn Yuji Warm & Neutral

Count Zero

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix E01vn Yuji Warm

Are there additional specs somewhere ? Which yuji emitter does it use ?

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast

$10 light, Plus Yuji Led. Take the old led out from its heavily potted light, put a new one in and make sure everything is alright. Pot it. Ship it... I may be missing a few steps. But it is labor intensive. make a couple of bucks on it...

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

$10 light
$5 shipping
$5 led
$6 for tax fee
$2 paypal fee

$28 already.. add labor cost...

correct me if you see something wrong.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only a hand full of people here had open an E01 and mod it. Not an easy thing to do. Yuji LED has very nice tint.

Can I trade my Zebralight H51fw for one of this? *cross fingers*

Last edited:

SKV89

Enlightened

Any idea which Yuji emitter is in there and what tint?

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oooohhh high CRI deliciousness...... Will there be other offerings with this emitter? And, what kind of output could we expect in a larger host?

SKV89

Enlightened

I paypal you as friend to save you some paypal fees like previous times. Please don't miss it again. :laughing:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix E01vn Yuji Warm (5 Unit Only)

Vinh- It's the cockroach of flashlights. Can't kill it. I, and others, have tried... See "E01 torture test" threads. Maybe we like rooting for the underdog, too. :)

That explains it. Now I have to have one of each color for my display case LOL

Echoing Scout, these are the cockroaches of the flashlight world. I have 2 of the older E01s that Vinh modded with warm emitters....they are treasures. I keep E01s scattered through the house in the event of a power failure. They just always work. There have been torture threads and 48 hour challenges. They just work. Problem is, even with sanding the lens/reflector, the beam isn't pretty to look at. Having this little long running cockroach with that beautiful Yuji beam will be the bomb.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Echoling Scout, these are the cockroaches of the flashlight world. I have 2 of the older E01s that Vinh modded with warm emitters....they are treasures. I keep E01s scattered through the house in the event of a power failure. They just always work. There have been torture threads and 48 hour challenges. They just work. Problem is, even with sanding the lens/reflector, the beam isn't pretty to look at. Having this little long running cockroach with that beautiful Yuji beam will be the bomb.
Cheers!

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

What are the exact specs of this LED, and how long does it run on a regular alkaline triple A? This looks like a perfect gift light.

chorlton

Newly Enlightened

Hi Vinh, I seem to have missed out on this one. Is there sny chance of you making more? The resson this mod interests me most is your choice of emitter, I have been looking for a nice sub 3500k light for some time now and your E01 looks like a peach!

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Go ahead and send paypal for one of these if you want one. I only have 5 LED for now but I will source more.

Hi Vinh, I seem to have missed out on this one. Is there sny chance of you making more? The resson this mod interests me most is your choice of emitter, I have been looking for a nice sub 3500k light for some time now and your E01 looks like a peach!

You've not missed the boat, orders are now being taken for as many as send PayPal now. See earlier post here.

My question is, are the electronics re-potted after the modification?

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh also stated shortly after the post regarding emailing with PayPal the statement below.

"WOW all my suppliers said E01 are out of stock...I will grab them on Ebay"

So you may want to email Vinh to be 100% sure if he was able to acquire more. Usually if they show up on the sky Lumen website then you know that you can be sure he has them in stock. If they're not on the sky Lumen website you may just want to check first.

Last edited: