• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fenix E01vn Yuji Warm & Neutral

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix E01vn Yuji Warm

Interesting what is the run time of these. The one I modded was about three times brighter than the stock e01 and had three times shorter run time.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix E01vn Yuji Warm

Interesting what is the run time of these. The one I modded was about three times brighter than the stock e01 and had three times shorter run time.

I think soemone here will test for runtimes when they get theirs. I dont typically test runtimes on anything.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix E01vn Yuji Warm (5 Unit Only)

Vinh also stated shortly after the post regarding emailing with PayPal the statement below.

"WOW all my suppliers said E01 are out of stock...I will grab them on Ebay"

So you may want to email Vinh to be 100% sure if he was able to acquire more. Usually if they show up on the sky Lumen website then you know that you can be sure he has them in stock. If they're not on the sky Lumen website you may just want to check first.

I can get more on ebay :)

SKV89

Enlightened

Wow those emitters look huge

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

This light is a pain in the *** to mod. The light engine is completely potted. Taking it out of the light is real drama. I broke 2 light circuit already hahah. Lucky they are cheap!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Really liking this LED!!! 5mm has never been this nice!!! Artifacts free! Measured 10 Lumen. 16+ hours is impressive on one AAA too!

Last edited:

SKV89

Enlightened

Nice. It looks more like a 4500k NW than a 3200k. Is it because it has a negative DUV so you don't see the yellow?

SKV89

Enlightened

You can order, Vinh will get more host from Ebay if he runs out.

ven

Flashaholic

Oooohhh high CRI deliciousness...... Will there be other offerings with this emitter? And, what kind of output could we expect in a larger host?

They are only good for a hand full of lumens, and only for certain lights(small 5mm LED). Best uses for close up lower lumen applications , full of hi cri goodness.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

The incandescent Mini Maglite are great hosts for the Yuji warm and daylight emitters. It is easy to cut the legs of the LED to make it fit. The Maglite can be focused and offers the option of more throw. Then it is a matter of how fresh your batteries are, with NiMH being OK but not as bright as fresh alkalines. No barn burners here, though.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hadn't order a light from Vinh in a while, ordered this one & a Goliath R with Olson Flat Black. I picked up a Goliath when 4 Sevens was clearing them out & really like the light
Nice!

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Fenix E01vn Yuji Warm

Honestly even 10 lumens for 6 hours would have sounded extremely impressive to me... I don't have any experience with Fenix E01 other than knowing they have an almost cult like following here and the general consensus seems to be that they are virtually indestructible and highly reliable. Should I expect this light to be down to like 5 lumens or less after an hour or two or less, followed by a long, dim light? I'm figuring even if the light's brightness is directly correlated to voltage under load, I should get fairly consistent output from the fairly flat discharge curve of a NiMH... Probably at a sacrifice in brightness compared to a fresh alkaline or lithium disposable... Anyone use one of these with NiMH?

Also does anyone know with whatever the voltage output and amp rate of that Fenix driver is, are these LEDs being overdriven or under driven? Thinking about heat and lumen maintenance as well as if this light is better off doing short on cycles, or if extended runtimes will be benevolent to the LED... Any thoughts?

Last edited: