Fenix HM50R (CR123\16340 headlamp)

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HM50R adds a battery level indicator and reflective headband.

It also utilizes a standard micro USB charging cable and includes a spare silicone holder.

The 50R and H1R do appear very similar, in the end it will probably come down to brand loyalty.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx for info.
Then why does the Fenix weigh so much?
I use my Olight H1 daily . Its weight , just the light (without headband, without clip, without battery) is 23g iirc. Even beats zebra light weight!!

I love fenis build quality though.

Kudzu

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix HM30R (CR123\16340 headlamp)

They told me on their Facebook page this is a neutral white light, not sure why they don't list that in any of the product info.

It's not neutral white -- I just got mine, and it's cool white with a pretty bad blue tinge. The smooth reflector was not a good choice on Fenix's part either.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's not neutral white -- I just got mine, and it's cool white with a pretty bad blue tinge. The smooth reflector was not a good choice on Fenix's part either.

+1

Received mine and both are cool white with a blue hue and lots of artifacts. Very disappointing.

Compared to the beautiful beam of the HL55, these look like poopoo.

They're already boxed up and waiting for USPS pickup.

Spaceexplorer

Newly Enlightened

I've got the HL50 and is NW, accepts AA eneloops with a adapter it comes with. Has last setting memory And has a 500Lumen turbo with a CR123. I was excited for this light but I will pass.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is the blue tinge/hue a result of the anti-reflective coating? That happened with an EagTac light I once owned where there was a blue hue in the most outer edge of the spill beam.

Any chance for a beamshot? I have one on order and it should be arriving tomorrow.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got mine earlier and just had a chance to check it out. If I lay the HM50R on the side with it turned on, I can see a tiny bit of blue from the AR coating but nothing major, at least on my sample. In fact, there is more blue from the AR coating on my RC09. The tint is cool white though and I don't mind it - I say that as I prefer warm white, then neutral white tints. There are slight artifacts to the beam - but again for me, I don't mind it. I believe in use they won't be noticeable. Overall, I am happy with mine and only hope that Fenix will release a neutral white version down the road.

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got mine earlier and just had a chance to check it out. If I lay the HM30R on the side...

I assume you mean the HM50R?

The artifacts on mine were not acceptable [by today's standards].

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

I assume you mean the HM50R?

The artifacts on mine were not acceptable [by today's standards].
Correct, just updated my post. Sorry to hear that, did Fenix give you a response?

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Didn't contact Fenix, just returned them.

narmattaru

Enlightened

yes
i`ve changed the topic name, but somehow responces has "HM30R" label.

Brlux

Enlightened

I have had mine for a few days now, my tint is a bit cooler than I usually prefer. I like slightly on the warm side of Neutral White. Fenix used to be fairly good about that tint wise. Lately all the lights I have gotten 4 HL23s 2 E15s and an E05 have all been slightly cool in color. My beam profile looks good to me, a very distinct spot with even spill, no artifacts like rings that I can see.

My bigger complaint about the HM50R is on the highest setting mine flickers slightly. Can anyone else who has one confirm if theirs flickers on the highest setting?

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have had mine for a few days now, my tint is a bit cooler than I usually prefer. I like slightly on the warm side of Neutral White. Fenix used to be fairly good about that tint wise. Lately all the lights I have gotten 4 HL23s 2 E15s and an E05 have all been slightly cool in color. My beam profile looks good to me, a very distinct spot with even spill, no artifacts like rings that I can see.

My bigger complaint about the HM50R is on the highest setting mine flickers slightly. Can anyone else who has one confirm if theirs flickers on the highest setting?
I wish Fenix was more like Olight in that sense in offering both Cool White and Neutral White options. Maybe one day.

Mine does not flicker in the highest setting. Sounds like yours needs to go back for an exchange or return unfortunately. Does it happen right away upon switching to the highest setting or after a period of time?

Brlux

Enlightened

Starts after a few seconds the first time you go to the highest mode, if you cycle through modes it will happen immediately once you get back to the highest mode.