FENIX HP10 (NEW HEADLAMP !?)

kameleont

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone!

This is my first post, so please be gentle with me ;).

I didn´t find any posts of the new fenix headlamp "HP10" so I thought to write about it.

Here in Finland we have a outdoor shop "partioaitta.fi" and in it´s new summer catalogue there is a picture and some specs of the new fenix headlamp HP10 (page 44-45).

Here is summarized translation of the specs:
Fenix HP10
225 lumes
Digitally regulated -constant luminosity
Cree XR-E LED Q5 lamp
Light throw over 150 metres
Four outputs: 4/50/120/225 lumes
4 AA batteries (behind the head in a battery pack)
IPX 8

Price: 69 €

Sounds pretty good ! I don't know when It can be bought but I will buy it as soon as it's available.

Fenix_HP10.jpg

Last edited:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find!

Sounds great but I was hoping for a single cell headlamp. I still anxiously await the reviews.

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
=Looks good. I've been waiting and waiting for this to come along!

I gave up when they did their headlamp survey and the result was a headband that could hold a flashlight, so it is very nice to see that the headlamp has actually been made.

As a caver, the only thing I immediately see missing is a brightness level between 5 and 50 lumens. A level somewhere between 15-30 lumens would be ideal for more confined spaces and allow a caver to really extend the battery life.

Nonetheless, I am excited and will anxiously await more details.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Kameleont --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

Thank you for the great info ! ! !

:goodjob::thanks:

_

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find!

Sounds great but I was hoping for a single cell headlamp. I still anxiously await the reviews.

same. i dunno. seems sort of bland. nothing innovative. it looks like a fenix flashlight head mounted to a flat part wired to a 4aa holder.
if that head unscrewed from the base and can be used with a normal holder, that would be innovative.

pros would be the fenix efficiency.

Marduke

Flashaholic
same. i dunno. seems sort of bland. nothing innovative. it looks like a fenix flashlight head mounted to a flat part wired to a 4aa holder.
if that head unscrewed from the base and can be used with a normal holder, that would be innovative.

pros would be the fenix efficiency.

But a high end headlamp >200lms <$100 is something quite interesting in the headlamp world.

nzbazza

Enlightened
Nice find!

The big +1 on that!

With 4AA batteries, the HP10 is competing against the likes of of the PT Apex, Petzl Myo XP/RXP and BD Icon, and based on the output levels alone the Fenix will smoke anything this side of a Petzl Ultra. Traditionally Fenix produce very efficient circuits so guessing at the runtimes of 2hr @ 225lm, 4hr @ 120lm, 13hr @ 50lm, and 150hr @ 4lm,

Hopefully if this headlamp model takes off, they may look at releasing another model to take on the likes of the PT Eos-rebel, BD Spot and Petzl Tikka XP and Zebralight.

Here's hoping Fenix will send a few out for testing and review... Hey Fenix, I've got some good ideas for testing one of these headlamps how about sending one my way...

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
But a high end headlamp >200lms <$100 is something quite interesting in the headlamp world.

yeah. i see your point.

i probably wouldn't get one because of the head weight unless they made a belt back. but anyway i hope it does well and they choose to expand their headlamp line.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was starting to think that a Fenix headlamp was becoming vaporware, and I'm thrilled to find out that it will actually exist!
Looks like a great product. Can't wait for the reviews to start popping up.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Traditionally Fenix produce very efficient circuits so guessing at the runtimes of 2hr @ 225lm, 4hr @ 120lm, 13hr @ 50lm, and 150hr @ 4lm,

Runtimes with 4AA should be longer. My guess
3hr@ 225lm, 8hr@ 120lm, 20hr@ 50lm, +200hr@ 4lm