Fenix L1+ -- a 1w LED flashlight from China (new!)

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
Re: Fenix L1+ -- a 1w LED flashlight from China (n

I hope longbow dosnt get that mad. They never had a 1 AA option. Maybe it will get them to speed up on engineering of new capsules.

Even though it look like a longbow, i can only WISH the quality is as high.

Vbeez

Enlightened

Are they available now ?

Polar_Hops

Enlightened

I dont think there are any more avaliable. The HA batch is coming out soon. and i am really sorry if i accidently implied that the fenix isnt high quality, i dont own one, and i cant say. I just noticed on each seal, there was only 1 oring, and on longbows, there are two orings. That really dosnt say anything about quality, because surefire has one o-ring, and i think they are great quality.

I cant wait to get a HA fenix l1, as long as the price is similar to the stainless steel one.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast

I second Polar_Hops that I will definately get one of these in HA if the price doesn't change much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Still waiting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have edc this light for a couple of days now.

The Fenix L1+ has a Luxeon 1 watt. Mine is a RXOH. Looks very white to my eyes. The boost circuit is potted with some goo and the inductor is Huge. I will measure the electrical spec soon.

The lens is mineral glass much better than plastic. The reflector is well designed, fits very well on the Luxeon. However, the surface is not perfect. I would give it 6 out of 10. I don't know what it is made of but it has tens of machined lines around the reflector surface making it less reflective. The lines does not affect the output of the light. The beam(hotspot & corona) is very close to ARC4+.

The switch is not recessed nor protude, it stands on it's tail. Switching machanism is like Q3 switch. A half press disconnectes the circuit, hence suitable for POP2 mod.

The Fenix L1+ is a rather heavy light compared to all my other similiar sized alloy lights. The body is very well machined. A couple of minor machining imperfections that does not bother me. There's no sharp edges on the body to bite you except the tail area. Still it's fine because you will have to make really stupid moves for that part cut you.
However, the threads are extremely sharp, I cut my fingers when wiping down the grease. Another flaw is the lanyard holes. The holes facing outside is deblurred however it is not on the insides. The sharp corners can slowly cut and break lanyard attachments.

There is another problem with the light but I can't confirm this. There is black deposits in the grease mainly around the O-ring area. The threads area are with clean grease. I suspect that the manufacturer uses petroleum based lube on the O-ring. The O-ring feels like Rubber instead of Buna-N/Nitrile which is more resistant to petroleum based lube. So I am guessing that the petroleum lube is slowly melting the O-ring. I have cleaned the original lube and replaced it with Silicone lube, and it seems better now.

vince.

djpark

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
koala said:
I have edc this light for a couple of days now.
|
The switch is not recessed nor protude, it stands on it's tail. Switching machanism is like Q3 switch. A half press disconnectes the circuit, hence suitable for POP2 mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince,

I find it rather heavy to EDC, but it sure is good to keep in the handbag, especially for ladies.

It has already been converted to POP2 here.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=1046620

--dj

Krit

Enlightened

I try to find for one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vince: good analsys. You could de-bur the lanyard hole with some sandpaper if you could get it into there. I woulnd't use a metal file as if the file left any particles it would leave rust particles pitted into the SS. Switching to silicone lube on the o-rings is the easiest fix for the end user.

The manufactor could easily fix these problems, hopefully they are already addressed on the next batch of Alumnium HA3.

BTW, nice Luxeon in there, nice flux & tint. I look forward to you posting what current goes to the luxeon. BTW, a "H" Vf luxeon 1 is equivilant to a "J" Vf of a LuxIII. So if one were to put a LuxeonIII with H Vf, you'd have a lot more current going to the Luxeon. A T__H would be nice indeed!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

koumine,
What is the difference in the L1 and the L1P?

AW

Newly Enlightened

Are these HA II or HA III ?

koumine

Newly Enlightened

1. L1 28 lumens,LS LED,L1P 40 lumens R-BIN LS LED;
2.1W Luxeon LED;
3.1AA
4.RunTime 6 hours,and high 2hours
5.9.1cm * 2 cm
6¡¤CNC
7.L1-HA II £¨black¡¢silver£©£»L1P-HA III£¨black£©
8.45g
9¡¤metal reflecter
10.water proof

11.L1 - optic glass,L1P- camera lens super transparence class

12.click
13.and use to be a candle,and stand upside down

14.And official wEB will RUN,i'll TeLL YoU when It RUN and Right NoW.
15.he he

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

Next question is.. How much?!

So the P stands for Premium?

45grams vs 80grams(SS).. shave nearly half the weight, not bad.

It looks very much like Inova X Longbow at first but then the body looks abit different now. Glad that the overall dimentions didn't changed much.

I was reading the forum via babelfish and unfortunately the manufacturer said..

"The consideration, our inconvenient public forum preferential benefit price, wants to purchase the friend, please send the mail tothe [email protected] quoted price. Had learned the price friend, please help to keep -> secret <-."

I wonder how much markup price we'll be getting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Vince.

djpark

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
koala said:
Next question is.. How much?!

|

I was reading the forum via babelfish and unfortunately the manufacturer said..

"The consideration, our inconvenient public forum preferential benefit price, wants to purchase the friend, please send the mail tothe [email protected] quoted price. Had learned the price friend, please help to keep -> secret <-."

I wonder how much markup price we'll be getting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Vince.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince,

It seems you managed to crack the deciphering code in the translation.

Is there any representative of Fenix in this forum? Is there something they want to tell us about it?

-- dj

Latest posts