Fenix TK75(3*U2 LEDs, 2600 lumens)

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
you have to take out the batteries to charge them. if using 20 batteries and charge them directly and one of the batteries is defective, that's a little bit like charging a bomb... I think it's a safety design, though bring some complicated steps.

I mistakenly thought that Fenix had come up with something really ingenius but if all of the batteries in the extenders have to be taken out to charge them, then you guys have just busted my bubble!

I realise the risks and complications of charging all configurations of Li-ion batteries but I thought Fenix had just been very clever this time with the TK75.

CHEERS or maybe TEARS this time!

xed888

Enlightened
Better now than when you receive it. At least you can cancel it now....

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
If you look at the opposite side of the battery holder on the first page, I see two feelers sticking out for contacts. That's what made me think it is 2 parallel banks of 2 18650 batteries in series for 8.4vdc max.

Last edited:

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look at the opposite side of the battery holder on the first page, I see two feelers sticking out for contacts. That's what made me think it is 2 parallel banks of 2 18650 batteries in series for 8.4vdc max.

I reckon you are probably spot on with that idea.

I did a great deal of explaining how batteries work in Series and in Parallel in this thread and I hope some members got the "JIST" of what I said.

Explaining a complicated setup containing many batteries put together in a Series Parallel arrangement is fairly easy if you look at it step by step.

Well, I am an Electrician afterall and it has become "second nature" to me I suppose after 40 years in the trade to work that sort of stuff out.

On second thoughts maybe you guys should look it up on Wikipedia as that website would probably explain it better than I could and in better detail I would think.

CHEERS

Last edited:

keenism

Newly Enlightened
The pack looks to work exactly like the TK35 with only with 4 cells. The ..."feelers" are the head of the tk35, they will probably also be in the head of the TK75 and are basically a different way to do a spring. Also measured voltage from the pack of the tk35(or mine anyway) is always 3.6V, assuming the pack plays a part in regulation its probably not the best idea to try and charge it...

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
Now that you mention the TK35, I used the runtime statistic of 1hr 37 minutes of runtime on turbo off of two 18650 in parallel. if you added (throretically of course) another battery pack to the TK35 you would get 3 hours and 14 minutes. If you divide that by e 3 led's in the TK75 , you would get about 1 hour and 5 minutes of runtime which is what Fenix specs it at.

So I guess it is 4 18650's in parallel.

keenism

Newly Enlightened
And interestingly enough, 2600 lumens / 3 = 866.666~ .... 3 tk35's would be a beast

xlight

Banned
2rgn802.jpg
extension tube for the TK75 - found it at FenixTactical.
Bit expensive though; $40 for a tube and battery-holder.
I am afraid the pic of holder is wrong. The fianlly edition of battery holder is like the pic from Fenix Facebook.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix E50 - Any one to spread some light !!

TK75 - I wish I could want this light, I really do. But as I stated earlier, 18-400 Lumen level jump just isn't useable, IMO! You jump from map-reading low to super-bright, long distance level in one step? What sense does it make? I think something like 10-100-800-2600 would be far more useful. But many other users won't agree. As more lights emerge with this sort of sheer range of brightness levels, either a second model variation is needed, or much preferably, programmable/variable levels. Four arbitrary fixed choices made for me, just isn't acceptable. :)

I'd venture to say that no one buys a flashlight like this with map reading in mind. You could buy a Dorcy key chain light for $1.99 and do that. Besides, anything settings other than a user programmable or continuous, unstepped output are by definition going to be "arbitrary".

ralphtt

Newly Enlightened

IMO, Albert hit the nail squarely on the head. I keep a Fenix single AA light in my cargo pocket for just such use as map reading or finding the oil fill spout on my truck. The TK75 would be a little large for my EDC purposes! ;)

xed888

Enlightened
Then how do you charge maybe 4 extenders while they are connected to the TK75 or even individually?Without any extenders you would normally just take out the four 18650s and charge them up.

Please don't tell me that I will have to take out all of the 18650 cells in every battery pack to charge them!!!

Let's see now, 4 x battery packs plus the four inside the TK75 equals 20 x 18650s, you have got to be kidding.

Please, can anyone explain the charging setup on the TK75 to me if you know to enlighten a lot of us interested in the TK75?

Cheers

You could try the Supbeam X40. built-in charging port. Looks quite cool, according to their CAD diagrams. Wonder if its magnetic.....

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really cannot envision anyone using more than 4 batteries in this light.
There's no reason to do that. You could just carry an extra set of batteries.

And they should be charged individually, and equalized, for proper procedure.
It's not all that hard. if you have a 4-bay charger, they are all done at once anyway.

g.p.

Enlightened

I'd venture to say that no one buys a flashlight like this with map reading in mind. You could buy a Dorcy key chain light for $1.99 and do that. Besides, anything settings other than a user programmable or continuous, unstepped output are by definition going to be "arbitrary".

IMO, Albert hit the nail squarely on the head. I keep a Fenix single AA light in my cargo pocket for just such use as map reading or finding the oil fill spout on my truck. The TK75 would be a little large for my EDC purposes! ;)
I'm sure that Fenix did their testing....after 2600 lumens burning your eyeballs 18 lumens probably looks like a moonlight mode and you need 400 lumens just to read a map! :naughty:

mallakoff

Newly Enlightened

Cant wait to see some beam shot comparisons of The TK75 Vs TK70 and some of the other Olight monsters.....Beam Battle of the Beasts ! Oh yeah !

sbbsga

Enlightened

Cant wait to see some beam shot comparisons of The TK75 Vs TK70 and some of the other Olight monsters.....Beam Battle of the Beasts ! Oh yeah !

TK75 vs TK70 was done by Fenix on their Facebook page. :)

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened

I bought a TK75 yesterday. Can't wait to get it to compare it to my TK70.

Update: I decided to cancel my order.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

My TK75 should arrive first week of December. Waiting always takes long :( ;)