Fenix uc02

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Is there parasitic drain in this light?
I haven't measured it myself but the UC02 is a "twisty", which means a physical switch that makes or breaks the circuit when you turn the head - these have no standby current of any significance. I keep a UC02 on my keychain for those "Aw, shucks, I forgot to bring a flashlight" moments and it goes months between top-up charges. And the twisty action is just stiff enough to not lose the head in my pocket and not encourage random fidgeting with the light.

(Minutes later: Tried a multimeter with a 200 mA scale and not even a 0.1 mA measurement with the switch open. Tried on voltage range and could not read any voltage at all, which indicates not even nanoamperes of standby current. On low I get about 20 mA, and high is about 140 mA at the tailcap.)

Last edited:

staghater

Newly Enlightened
I haven't measured it myself but the UC02 is a "twisty", which means a physical switch that makes or breaks the circuit when you turn the head - these have no standby current of any significance. I keep a UC02 on my keychain for those "Aw, shucks, I forgot to bring a flashlight" moments and it goes months between top-up charges. And the twisty action is just stiff enough to not lose the head in my pocket and not encourage random fidgeting with the light.

(Minutes later: Tried a multimeter with a 200 mA scale and not even a 0.1 mA measurement with the switch open. Tried on voltage range and could not read any voltage at all, which indicates not even nanoamperes of standby current. On low I get about 20 mA, and high is about 140 mA at the tailcap.)
Thank you kindly :)