Few Photon Rex questions

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
werdnawee,

I've had 2 experiences with LRI's customer service and both were excellent. I called them by phone both times and I can understand that wouldn't be best for you since it would be international long distance. I would try what the other posters have suggested because my experiences were almost as good as theirs (I didn't get any free lights). They have a good rep for standing behind their product, which is why I don't have any Fauxtons, no matter how cheap they are.

Pen-golau

Newly Enlightened
Anglesey, North Wales, near Snowdonia mountains, U
Hi, this is my first post on CPF. I recently bought a Photon Rex and am not entirely happy with this light. I also own a Photon Freedom and the Rex does not compare with the quality of this torch. My Rex has also had similar charging problems, like not starting to blink when connected to the charging unit for several hours, then never stopping blinking even if left connected continuously for 3 days. With regards to waterproofness, I opened up the Rex and discovered the GITD seal that you can see surrounding the LED's is present throughout the whole torch like a gasket. The button at the top of the torch is a continuation of this seal. I find the overall fit and finish of this torch to be quite poor and not at all what I expected from LRI, I also noticed that nowhere on the Rex shows where it is made. I can only guess from the overall quality that it is China, and that LRI probably do not want to advertise this fact. Saying this however, I have a Nitecore D10 and that is made in China. The D10 is a credit to China and is superbly made.