Finally bit the bullet and ordered a Zebralight.

quest4_pfct_xxx

Newly Enlightened
My latest quest is for a very low moonlight mode. For one particular use, (basically, a very low nightlight when I am away from home) I love my Thrunite Ti3 V2 (I believe .04 lm), but I am disappointed that it is discontinued (with no comparable replacement from Thrunite). I looked at a lot of options, but could not find anything low enough (unless I wanted to spend way too much). Just ordered a Zebralight SC53cN. It is a bit more than I am used to spending, but it sounds like it should be a durable, good quality investment that will last. Hoping that it should meet my specific needs. I also love the efficiency, and the novelty of something that can run in lowest mode (.09 lm) for 4.3 months. Worries about nuclear war driving me into a hole? Bah, I'm ready! (I'll run out of food and water before I run out of light ;-)

True to Zebra form, it is backordered. Wondering how long it will take... Days? Weeks? Months? Will the order languish unfilled for awhile and then get cancelled *shudder*? We shall see...

Last edited:

quest4_pfct_xxx

Newly Enlightened
Update: The SC53cN went from backorder to in stock maybe an hour or two after I ordered it, so it won't be long. Woo-hoo!

The specs for this model were blank on the Zebralight page, so I assumed they were comparable to other SC5 models. With the emitter change, that turns out to not be correct. Below is what I saw elsewhere (flashaholics). Now I am REALLY looking forward to checking out the moonlight mode!

Brightness Levels:
High: H1 285 lumens - 0.9 hrs runtime or H2 238 lumens - 1.6 hrs runtime / 171 lumens - 2.3 hrs runtime / 106 lumens - 4.2 hrs runtime
Mid: M1 56 lumens - 8.5 hrs runtime or M2 26 lumens - 21 hrs runtime / 10.3 lumens - 41 hrs runtime / 3.5 lumens - 4.5 days runtime
Low: L1 1 lumen - 13 days runtime or L2 0.26 lumens - 1.1 month runtime / 0.06 lumens - 2.2 months / 0.01 lumens - 3.3 months

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
My latest quest is for a very low moonlight mode. For one particular use, (basically, a very low nightlight when I am away from home) I love my Thrunite Ti3 V2 (I believe .04 lm), but I am disappointed that it is discontinued (with no comparable replacement from Thrunite). I looked at a lot of options, but could not find anything low enough (unless I wanted to spend way too much). Just ordered a Zebralight SC53cN. It is a bit more than I am used to spending, but it sounds like it should be a durable, good quality investment that will last. Hoping that it should meet my specific needs. I also love the efficiency, and the novelty of something that can run in lowest mode (.09 lm) for 4.3 months. Worries about nuclear war driving me into a hole? Bah, I'm ready! (I'll run out of food and water before I run out of light ;-)

True to Zebra form, it is backordered. Wondering how long it will take... Days? Weeks? Months? Will the order languish unfilled for awhile and then get cancelled *shudder*? We shall see...

Congratulations. You'll live the ZL. It's one of my favorites. I actually have a few Ti3 v2 lights for sale (BNIB) if interested. Just shoot me a PM if you want.

quest4_pfct_xxx

Newly Enlightened
Update: The SC53cN went from backorder to in stock maybe an hour or two after I ordered it, so it won't be long. Woo-hoo!

The specs for this model were blank on the Zebralight page, so I assumed they were comparable to other SC5 models. With the emitter change, that turns out to not be correct. Below is what I saw elsewhere (flashaholics). Now I am REALLY looking forward to checking out the moonlight mode!

Brightness Levels:
High: H1 285 lumens - 0.9 hrs runtime or H2 238 lumens - 1.6 hrs runtime / 171 lumens - 2.3 hrs runtime / 106 lumens - 4.2 hrs runtime
Mid: M1 56 lumens - 8.5 hrs runtime or M2 26 lumens - 21 hrs runtime / 10.3 lumens - 41 hrs runtime / 3.5 lumens - 4.5 days runtime
Low: L1 1 lumen - 13 days runtime or L2 0.26 lumens - 1.1 month runtime / 0.06 lumens - 2.2 months / 0.01 lumens - 3.3 months

quest4_pfct_xxx

Newly Enlightened
ZL finally arrived. quality looks good, compared to my typical $15 cheapies. I like the tint of the light, but did not find a lot of versatility in terms of mounting options. I like to clip it on a hat brim if I am working and need to keep my hands free. I prefer carrying on my keychain, rather than in my pocket, using the pocket clip. (My personal preferences.)

I fashioned a clip for keychain carrying from an old (Spyderco?) clip in my parts box. Not pretty, but should do the job. Programming doesn't look as obvious / intuitive at first glance as I expected, but I'll be spending some time on that.

Attachments

• zebra keychain clip.jpg
    zebra keychain clip.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 66

quest4_pfct_xxx

Newly Enlightened

quest4_pfct_xxx

Newly Enlightened
F***! I should have looked at accessories before I ordered.

It isn't very cost effective to pay an extra $7 shipping for a $3.50 item. It would make a lot more sense to buy another ZL, so the shipping is a smaller % of the purchase price... ;-)

Thx for the heads up.
Question:
I was looking closer at this clip, and Zebra does not say that it fits the SC5x series (but rather the Hx series headlamps). Is this a 'close enough' fit for the SC, or does it fit the contours precisely?

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question:
I was looking closer at this clip, and Zebra does not say that it fits the SC5x series (but rather the Hx series headlamps). Is this a 'close enough' fit for the SC, or does it fit the contours precisely?
i've got one somewhere around here, not at my fingertips...

so i must err on the side of it may not fit.

when i find it we shall see.

Jim

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found It

here are some pics...

Zebralight list no clips for any sc5x series lights... but any listed for h5x series lights will work.

Trust Me I Know. (or at least i think i know) LOLz

Jim

IMG_2293.JPGIMG_2292.JPGIMG_4180.JPGIMG_4181.JPGIMG_4182.JPGIMG_4179.JPGIMG_4189.JPGIMG_4185.JPGIMG_4187.JPGIMG_4178.JPGIMG_4186.JPGIMG_4183.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4188.JPG
    IMG_4188.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4184.JPG
    IMG_4184.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4177.JPG
    IMG_4177.JPG
    687.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

quest4_pfct_xxx

Newly Enlightened
Found It

here are some pics...

Zebralight list no clips for any sc5x series lights... but any listed for h5x series lights will work.

Trust Me I Know. (or at least i think i know) LOLz

Jim

View attachment 55836View attachment 55837View attachment 55838View attachment 55839View attachment 55840View attachment 55841View attachment 55842View attachment 55843View attachment 55844View attachment 55845View attachment 55846View attachment 55847
Are those all your Zebras?!?
(Zebrii?)
Holy crap!

And just to clarify, we are talking about the type that you originally sent the link to that clips around the body (not the ones that screw on), correct?

Again, I appreciate your help on this!
-g

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are those all your Zebras?!?
(Zebrii?)
Holy crap!

And just to clarify, we are talking about the type that you originally sent the link to that clips around the body (not the ones that screw on), correct?

Again, I appreciate your help on this!
-g
no, not all...

yes, the same link.

post up a pic of your new clip.

oh, and while you are at zebralight.com you should consider the a6 flashlight. it will be my next flashlight purchase.

Have a Good One!!!

Jim