Flashlight Specification Tool (Very Cool!)

parametrek

Enlightened
Sorry, I haven't posted any updates to this thread in ages! But you might be interested that I've bought a banner ad for here on CPF. I haven't been able to figure out how to upload anything but here's what it looks like:

Thanks for all the support, and I'm proud to be able to give something back.

edit: Figured it out.

Last edited:

parametrek

Enlightened
Just a small announcement about my site: I've added quite a few links to standardized beamshots. Between wikilight.de and fonarik.com there are beamshots for 261 different models. So now parametrek is a quick reference to specs, manufacturer's pages, CPF reviews and beamshots.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using Parametrek for some time; it really is a wonderful tool and I thank you for it!

bulrush

Newly Enlightened
I don't quite see it on the sight, but is there a tool to find a flashlight list that shows runtime per amp hour? I would call that "power efficient". Their "efficacy" is lumens per watt. I would call that "brightness efficiency".

parametrek

Enlightened
Bulrush, I don't quite follow what you mean? Amp hours are a bad unit. Series vs parallel, li-ion vs NiMH all cause problems.. Voltages matter so watt hours are the only practical thing. What is runtime? Hours? Hours per watt hour cancels out to be inverse watts.

The search engine has two new features! Lights with integrated charging now have a micro-USB charging sub-category. Micro-USB is great when you are giving a flashlight to a non-flashaholic. No special chargers or special cables to worry about.

The second new feature is to help you find lights of a certain shape. Previously you could filter by length and body diameter. Now it also has a filter for bezel diameter. This makes it easy to find slim tube lights or big-head throwers.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really nice! Bookmarked.
It would be useful if you could add a blacklist function, for instance "No Tail switch", or "No Side switch".

parametrek

Enlightened
You can do that that, but it is complicated so the functionality is slightly hidden. In the "switch" filter there are buttons on the right do various advanced functions. Specifically the "any" button, which changes how boolean logic is applied. (Default is "any" aka boolean OR.) Tap the button to change the logic. Cycling it to "none" will find logical complements. For example, here are flashlights without a tail switch.

Let's say you want something a little more expressive. You want a light that not only doesn't have a tail switch, but does have a side switch or control ring. That can be expressed using the "only" option (aka logical subset). Here are lights with only control rings/side switches.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Never saw the website, but think that is a great idea! Thanks for all the work!

Latest posts