Flashlight / torch use by the public less common?

Minimoog

Enlightened
Ops Post, "I was out yesterday along a very dark path through the wooded park and of course I had a light (SureFire E2o) and the amount of people out in total darkness was a surprise. I'm glad I had a light as I don't like seeing people as just shadows heading towards me."

Where I live there are mostly normal people who I would not worry about passing day or night, but I know of two people that were 'jumped' by people lurking behind the trees, and one of these had to have stitches and his teeth rebuilt. I actually enjoy walking by dark adapted eyes - I think its a good feeling - but on the other hand I really don't want to be seen as an easy target for an attack so always have my lights. I also don't want to stay indoors on the long evenings as many people do 'for safety' - I value my walks WAY too much. Its worked so far.

Maybe (probably) if I lived in a safe rural area I'd be happy with a incan Solitaire (or one of my vintage lights) to illuminate the absolute darkest bits only. I'd probably be happier and heathier too.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
images.jpg

Latest posts