Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yowzer

Enlightened
A Sound of Thunder (2005)

Surefire M4 models are used prominently in this film. They are each equipped with beam covers that fold flat when in the open position.

This film is a movie-length version of an episode in an old horror series who's name escapes me.

That episode was a filmed version of a famous short story by Ray Bradbury. The tv series was the not-very-old 'The Ray Bradbury Theater', from the mid/late 80's.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ghost Ship (2002)

Immediately after their salvage ship blows up, members of the crew sit around discussing what went wrong. In that scene, a Maxabeam sits clearly visible on a table behind one of the crew members.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was watching the movies "Pandorum", which is set in the year 3097. In the begining when Ben Foster wakes up and is walking around I was amazed to see him using an small incandescent flashlight! What were the movie producers thinking? See that, 1087 years in the future and were's still using incan's because there's a demand, score another win for the incandescents:D

vasp1

Newly Enlightened
Tinie Tempah - Frisky (music video)

Ok - this isn't a movie or a TV show but it does have a scene where some girls are dancing around waving torches - they look like Maglites - it's difficult to tell.

Are there any Drum'n'Bass aficionados here on CPF who can identify the gear?

horizonseeker

Enlightened
Maybe this hasn't been mentioned, but the game "Alan Wake" is all about flashlights. The game requires the use of flashlight to "burn" away the darkness before enemies can be killed.

The flashlight model in the game seems to be the energizer flashlight with the dimming controls. In fact, IIRC, you can pick up "lithium battery" to replenish the flashlight.

The light "life bar", though, is a generic maglite.

check out the walkthrough video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4YRctghLOk&feature=related

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was watching the movies "Pandorum", which is set in the year 3097. In the begining when Ben Foster wakes up and is walking around I was amazed to see him using an small incandescent flashlight! What were the movie producers thinking? See that, 1087 years in the future and were's still using incan's because there's a demand, score another win for the incandescents:D

Here's what I don't get. The movie producers went at such great length to create this spaceship over 1000 years in the future. Every little detail, yet right off the bat, one of the earliest scenes there's Ben Foster, shining the beam, an extremely yellow beam, of an incandescent light. Talk about a movie set needing a flashaholic! Come on, I love incandescent's, but over a 1000 years in the future? I would hope to think LED's color rendition would have advanced enough that we wouldn't need incan's.

Chadder

Enlightened
Here's what I don't get. The movie producers went at such great length to create this spaceship over 1000 years in the future. Every little detail, yet right off the bat, one of the earliest scenes there's Ben Foster, shining the beam, an extremely yellow beam, of an incandescent light. Talk about a movie set needing a flashaholic! Come on, I love incandescent's, but over a 1000 years in the future? I would hope to think LED's color rendition would have advanced enough that we wouldn't need incan's.

Well you know Incans have not been around near 1000yrs. I hope in 1000-yrs we have advanced well beyond LED's!!:party:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ghost Voyage (2008)

A couple of Maxabeams used in this horror movie, as nine strangers wake up on a cargo ship that apparently has only one crew member. The ship contains a secret that links all nine of them together.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's what I don't get. The movie producers went at such great length to create this spaceship over 1000 years in the future. Every little detail, yet right off the bat, one of the earliest scenes there's Ben Foster, shining the beam, an extremely yellow beam, of an incandescent light. \

I don't remember any incans all I remember is a light that looked a little like a PD20 or something similar.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Killer Pad (2008)

Three dim-witted losers move into a luxury house up on the Hollywood hills. It soon becomes clear that something is very wrong with the house. Yet, it takes them awhile to catch on; as the only one who can warn them is a Mexican pool cleaner who doesn't speak any English.

In both basement scenes, a large, black, flashlight is used to investigate the mysterious hole in the ground. At first, it appears to be a MagCharger. But the head is too big and its shape isn't quite right, in this comedy/horror film with guest appearences from a handful of B-list celebrities.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Dead End (2003)

Shortly after picking up a mysterious young woman, a family travelling through backroads experiences horrific horror. Dad gets out of the family vehicle to investigate something in the road. He uses a black 2D Maglite to make a sickening discovery.

The flashlight ends up being used in several scenes in this highly underrated horror film. The film proves you don't need a ton of special effects, gore, or a huge budget to make a truly creepy creation. Worth seeing if you can find it.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "James May's Toy Stories"

Episode ~ "Train."

Near the end of this episode, the toy trains are running quite late. Night falls as they head into town on their outdoor tracks. A couple of folks put on headlamps. James himself starts off using a cheap, orange, 2D flashlight to tack the progress of the trains, and to give a quick interview. He soon switches to a black, 2D Maglite with a bit of orange tap wrapped around the barrel of the light, near the tailcap.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Series - Miami Vice

Season - 4

Episode - "The Big Thaw"

Officers Sonny Crockett and Stan Switek break into a cryogenics lab to investigate inside. They have big black 5 D cell Kel-lites with them to light up the lab.

Edit

Ricardo Tubbs also had a black 5 D cell Kel-lite in this episode too.

Last edited:

knightrider

Enlightened
Series - Miami Vice

Season - 4

Episode - "The Big Thaw"

Officers Sonny Crockett and Stan Switek break into a cryogenics lab to investigate inside. They have big black 5 D cell Kel-lites with them to light up the lab.

Nice one! Just watched the beginning. Hulu is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.