Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series - Bones

Episode - "The Doll in the Derby"

(As in roller-derby). At the very start of this episode, two police officers are responding to a call. Right before one of them literally falls all over the dead, gory, body; the other officer is clearly holding a SureFire M6 as his duty light. Couldn't I.D. his partner's light. But it looked suspiciously like a SureFire M4.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
BruceWillisAGoodDaytoGieHard_zpsb740e72f.jpg

Bruce Willis A Good Day to Die Hard.
Never saw him to turn the light on.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason takes Manhattan (1989)

Near the end of the movie, the heroine stumbles across a sealed metal bucket of toxic waste. She's holding an emergency flashlight. Orange body with back bezel, tailcap, and sliding side-switch. It's rather long. Possibly a 3C cell Brightstar model.

She uses it to pound on the flimsy metal lid to bust it open before throwing the toxic waste all over Jason.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series -Bones

Episode - "The Fact in the Fiction"

While investigating a lead, Bones and Booth find a boarded-up house and a barn. It's at night. Both are using lights. Couldn't I.D. the one Booth was using. But Bones is clearly using a SureFire M6 as they discover the victim's tricked out El Camino ... Along with a 2nd body that appears to have been brutally murdered just like the first one.

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I totally didn't feel like scanning the whole thread so sorry if this was asked already, what flashlights did the cops have in the Schwarzenegger movie Last Stand when they were searching the old man's farm?

Outlander

Newly Enlightened
Sleepy Hollow (Fox TV on Monday nights) features a lot of flashlight action. Here's a preview for tomorrow's episode.

Anyone identify the light?

10076948316_5d7d0543a5_z.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I watched the pilot episode. I believe I saw one black 3D M@glite used by the female lead.

However, I couldn't get a good enough look at the other lights used in order to I.D. them.

Outlander

Newly Enlightened
Pretty sure that the female lead in the pilot used the same light in my picture. I just couldn't get a good look at it in the pilot....thought it was a Surefire G2 in the pilot, but as you can see in my pic, it's not. Maybe its an Olight of some sort?

Art Andrews

Newly Enlightened

Need help IDing a flashlight from Preadator

Earlier in the year, this community helped me ID a flashlight from Pandorum.

You can see that thread here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...help-IDing-a-flashlight-holster-from-Pandorum

I am back and once again in need of your expertise.

In the movie Predator, the rescue team, led by Arnold Schwarzenegger wear the most confusing mish-mash of military gear from WW-2 webgear, all the way up ultra-modern (for the time) ABA Seal vests. One detail, seen but never used, on a number of the members is a very small flashlight. To me, it looks too small to be 2 aa battery light. I am thinking a single aa battery. It has a prominent head that sharply drops to the body (as opposed to something like a maglite that curves down). I can't be 100% sure, but it seems like there is a thin silver ring between the head and the body while everything else is black. It is hard to say for sure, but there MIGHT be a large loop at the butt of the light.

In seeing some photos of it next to a web belt, it appear the overall length is between 3.5" - 4"

Here are a number of shots from the movie as well as from promotional stills. I know they aren't great, but I am hoping, considering the time period (1986), I am hoping this will be a relatively easy to find light. Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

predator-rescue-team-flashlight.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Schwarzenegger movie flashlight question!! Predator was one of the best action movies of all time. All of the sequels are horrendous, not even worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as the original

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Good guess.

I have noticed that the guys on American Pickers always seem to use different lights in all the episodes. Rarely do you see the same model in another episode in either of their hands.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good guess.

I have noticed that the guys on American Pickers always seem to use different lights in all the episodes. Rarely do you see the same model in another episode in either of their hands.

Any idea where they get their lights? You think the producers just rent whatever lights are available from the production company and hand them out? Or do you think the guys use their own personal lights from one show to the next?